Malapascua Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

how about asian spirit us500 return. ex davao much cheeper.

@rhadamantus
as i said above, you have to get out of the sack early ;-)

we dragged our butts off the bed before 5AM!!! that was quite a sacrifice considering the temptation of just staying in bed and you know.... :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

but oh well... i guess next time, we get lucky. :D

Flying Continental from Manila.... use World Perks miles. I don't remember exactly how many miles but it doesn't require many compared to buying tix @ $1000.

According to a friend of mine (he did a TV program about Thresher shark, Exotic has the video tape), Threshers take turn to be cleaned that's why you don't see many Threshers at the same time. so if there are divers on the plateau (specially swiming around), they will wait their turn so they don't come up.. you have to get down at the edge of the plateau and wait for them.

20,000 continental miles... I donated mine to some dude on Yap once... :wink:

From my experience on Malapascua... L.I.S. is correct. I remember one time we dropped down and there was already a large group of "K" divers lined up on the plateau. Only when that group moved on to another side did the threshers start coming in (They dislike kimchi maybe?).

But the best experience we had was when the folks on our boat who were just on air had to go up, the 3 of us on nitrox had an amazing show. There was kind of a "U" shape area on the edge that we were swimming across when one of the divers had a thresher swim right over him. I was mucking around with my camera setting and missed that shot! dooh!

aaaarrrghhhhhhhhh...... making me feel really envious and sad....

here Mags... just photoshop my sig off and say you saw this... :wink:

IMG_2381-1.jpg

actually the thing with diving monad shoal for the thresher sharks is that you don't get to see anything else. zee dove the same site when we arrived and the DM, knowing the slim chances of seeing the mantas, showed him some other cool stuff.

but for the thresher dive... boohooo....

well, at least none of the divers during the duration of our stay saw a single one. hehehe. patas-patas lahat. puro lugi.

No Sharks.....Animal Planet just did a special on the location. Gutsy took the Guest and they saw all kinds of cool stuff and Threshers. They were able to get in the water at sunrise and BOOM! Threshers were doing the cleaning station thing.

aaarghhhhhhhhhhh........! stop rubbing it people....

*wails*

aaarghhhhhhhhhhh........! stop rubbing it people....

*wails*

On my last trip to Malapascua there weren't any threshers sighted but we has some great mantas swimming over and around us. It was several years ago that I got a great swim by from a thresher. Put it on my avatar pic.:D
divepictureshow 064.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom