Malapascua Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ooooohhhhhh, cool.... maybe i should spend my 28th bday there next year.

btw, did the monad shoal dive (went into deco even- 65 mins) but didn't see the thresher sharks too (bahhhh.....). gato island is cool... lots of cool stuff....!

btw, pak... did you see the mandarin fish mating? :D

No threshers?? what time did you go? I always hear conflicting stories on the best time to go.

Mating mandarins in front of the Lighthouse? yes! Friggin Orgy... I think they pipe Barry White music u/w around there...:10:
IMG_2208.jpg

Now that is one heck of a picture!!!! Wow.....I am thinking I could use the PPD's Photos to adorn our resort.....thoughts?

went down around 5:45 something and went out of the water by 7am.... nobody saw the threshers since two weeks before we came there... maybe they changed their cleaning schedule!

those are cool pics, pak. zee is gonna be sooo pissed. he thought you didn't see any mandarins mating! :laughing:

No threshers?? what time did you go? I always hear conflicting stories on the best time to go.

Mating mandarins in front of the Lighthouse? yes! Friggin Orgy... I think they pipe Barry White music u/w around there...:10:
IMG_2208.jpg

went down around 5:45 something and went out of the water by 7am.... nobody saw the treshers since two weeks before we came there... maybe they changed their cleaning schedule!

those are cool pics, pak. zee is gonna be sooo pissed. he thought you didn't see any mandarins mating! :laughing:

One of the best places for shooting mating mandarin fish IMHO. Tried it at Dauin (front of Atlantis) but the mandarins there are REAL skittish and the surge is frustrating to deal with. Palau, Mandarin lake... same, very skittish little guys and only a small area to work (can get crowded). At the Lighthouse site in Malapascua, those critters are all over the place. Lost track of how many couples I saw.

Too bad about the threshers. Hmm, I was there in early Sept last year and we pretty much got a few threshers each time. I think Exotic was getting us out there around 6am-ish. Were there a lot of people in the water when you were there? They do tend to shy away when there's a large group blowing bubbles...

to far away?

dove with sea exp. they are the first in the morning for the tresher's. can't remember time. something like 6am? 4 dives, 3times tresher's, one time manta. but not worth shooting. ie to far away. sound's like i have to go back some day ;-)

sccommodation: to expensiv but good, sunsplash.

been to all these mandarin locations. you guys forgot yap. the realy best place for shooting mandarins.

been to all these mandarin locations. you guys forgot yap. the realy best place for shooting mandarins.

ha... I absolutely refuse to pay the outrageous $1,000 that Continental Micronesia charges for the Manila - Yap flight...

we were the first ones there and the last ones out.... it is really a hit or miss thing i guess...

not so bad overall for us though... but i can imagine some folks would be a little frustrated diving every morning for one week and not seeing a single one. :laughing: its like buying a lottery ticket....

One of the best places for shooting mating mandarin fish IMHO. Tried it at Dauin (front of Atlantis) but the mandarins there are REAL skittish and the surge is frustrating to deal with. Palau, Mandarin lake... same, very skittish little guys and only a small area to work (can get crowded). At the Lighthouse site in Malapascua, those critters are all over the place. Lost track of how many couples I saw.

Too bad about the threshers. Hmm, I was there in early Sept last year and we pretty much got a few threshers each time. I think Exotic was getting us out there around 6am-ish. Were there a lot of people in the water when you were there? They do tend to shy away when there's a large group blowing bubbles...

how about asian spirit us500 return. ex davao much cheeper.

@rhadamantus
as i said above, you have to get out of the sack early ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom