Making your tank different.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire5man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was just wondering if anyone out there has designs painted on there tank. I always see stickers but nothing tattoo like designs. My brother is an great artist and has put together some great designs on my fire helmets. Real makes it personal. If you have any can you post them. Tell me what type of application was used.

I usually just write my name on the crown with a marker.

I usually just write my name on the crown with a marker.

And the fill pressure. I hate it when I get gyped because they think my HP130 is an LP120 or something...

The best way to make your tank "different" is to keep it sticker free. It will really be easy to see on a boat or at the beach. You'll be the only one who hasn't mucked up their cylinder with stickers that peel, fade and leave indelible marks.

---
Ken

I bet you could take your tank down to an auto body shop and get a really cool design! If you really want to stick out I think that would be the way. I have never seen a cool design painted on a tank..

Here's something I hate on a tank:

3287.jpg

Sean

I pee'd on mine to mark it and it turned yellow. Since then I have seen a lot of yellow cylinders. :D

Here's something I hate on a tank:

3287.jpg

Sean

Just curious what is wrong with that? I have one on a tank, but don't like it so I pull it off when I use the tank.

I bet you could take your tank down to an auto body shop and get a really cool design! If you really want to stick out I think that would be the way. I have never seen a cool design painted on a tank..

Sean
Exercise caution with the auto body shop. If they bake on the paint job your tank will be exposed to temperatures that would weaken the metal, especially if it is an aluminium tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom