making my cam/housing neutral???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Got my new camera today (lost the old on a dive in coz end of may!). I have a Canon Powershot S500 5.0mp with the WP-DC800 Housing. Is there a way to make the setup neutrally buoyant so that if the thing gets away from me again I won't have to go chasing after it???

Michelle

d56nut:
Hi All,

Got my new camera today (lost the old on a dive in coz end of may!). I have a Canon Powershot S500 5.0mp with the WP-DC800 Housing. Is there a way to make the setup neutrally buoyant so that if the thing gets away from me again I won't have to go chasing after it???

Michelle
The Olympus housing comes with a weight that you can screw onto the bottom of the housing. Perhaps you can do something similar for the Canon. It's basically a piece of weight with a hole in it and a marine grade bolt that will screw into the bottom of the housing. The bolt is a standard tripod mount bolt (1/4 inch with 20 threads per inch pitch, or 1/4-20 I think). You will need to experiment with different weights to counter the displacement of your camera in the housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom