Major League Vortex Meet/Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We still on for this?

Vortex will have business as normal and Cypress should be clear by this weekend. Morrison will be a mucky swamp, but I'll still dive it to get to the cavern(always clear) if someone wants to brave the brown muck with me :D

By golly, you beccha !!!!
It's too late for me to back out now.

As the old Scots say, "Nae guts, nae glory . . . !!!"

Hope as many as possible will try to get there, even if it's only a day trip.

the K

Then I'm there still :)

Gonna try to pull a few of my local buddies to go as well.

The Kraken:
Oh, Yaaaa, you beccha !!!!!!!
Dont even say that!! I just got back from Minnesota and Wisconsin and heard enough of that. Yes I did get dive info in case I go back about diving in Lake Michigan and some of the Minnesota lakes.

Now for the important item on my agenda. Are the dates for the Vortex Meet still valid and is/are anyone going early and would like to share some diving in Merrits Mill Pond and go in on a pontoon there from Cavern Ventourers sometime around those dates. We could dive around Jackson Blue hole and several other sites from a boat....

I am flexible and would like to dive more than just Vortex, but keep that as the base camp so to speak...

The Hozer!!

I'm definately going to be there Fri night, Sat, and Sunday. I'll probably be up for diving Vortex Sat AM(like after midnight) and a few times Sat. The rest of the time, I will be diving other springs in the area(Morrison if someone wants to dive it flooded with me) and Cypress(probably taking my Zodiac with me to get here instead of renting anything - if the water levels stay above 6'ish).

Okey Dokey, sports fans !!!!
We're counting it down !!!

By the way, I'll be camping Friday and Saturday night.
I have a huge 12x12 tent with screened vestibule.
If anyone wants to crash and split the camping cost I'd be more than agreeable.

There are only 3 caveats:
1: No Smoking
2: No Snoring
3: You aint gonna throw your arm or leg over me !!!!

the K

TK, are you at 1, 1b, or 1c? I'm gonna reserve a campsite for Fri and Sat night and I'm gonna try to get one close to all the action.

I'm in camping site #1. It's the very first one, the one closest to the trees up on the hill where everyone suits up.

Has electricity and water.

My family and I are headed on down to PC for the following week for vacation, otherwise I would have driven my old motor coach down.

Just reserved #10, should be right across from you guys.

What time are things getting started Friday? I've got to work this weekend. How about a night dive or something?

Back
Top Bottom