Major League Vortex Meet/Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm up for a night dive Friday night.

the K

I'm trying to arrange my day to get there in the afternoon. Gulf-Gulper will try to join us after he gets off work. I'm game for a night dive and so is he. I can't stay too late because I've got to be at work at 6AM. Maybe some others can make it to the darkside Friday night.

I'm planning on being there. I'll be by myself, so should I try to reserve a site, or join someone else's (if there is room and noone minds :) ). Is there a limit on how many campers per site? Limit on # of tents per site? I have no clue about this, so any help is appreciated. I was thinking of coming over on Friday afternoon, and leaving Saturday afternoon.
Let me know.......

The website states 8 per site I think, but I don't know how well they enforce it. If you want to put a tent up on 10, you're more than welcome. I'll be there Friday night, probably around 8ish?.

I'll be up for a night dive after 12AM :D I don't want to pay for 2 days of Vortex diving - LOL! I'll be sure to get my 24 hours worth though!

TK - I'll bring a few loafs of white bread and paper bowls and plasticwear.

SuPrBuGmAn:
The website states 8 per site I think, but I don't know how well they enforce it. If you want to put a tent up on 10, you're more than welcome. I'll be there Friday night, probably around 8ish?.

Thanks, BuGmAn. Its only a little 2 person dome tent :)

Ugly,
I'll be there around 11 a.m. Alabama time. If you'd like to get set up earlier you're more that welcome to share my campsite also.

the K

Well although i had booked the day off work my bosses decided it would be best for me to attend a meeting out of town that morning. IF i get back early enough i might be able to drive upto make it for Friday evening in Tally with jviehe, then the rest of the weekend should be open for diving. What is news on conditions particularly due to the recent hurricanes and any flooding coming down river from GA/LA etc?

Cypress is clear, 100+' visibility.

Becton is flooded.

Vortex is clear, uber busy too, they're running at 100%.

Morrison is flooded :)

Water levels are going down, there may be hope for Becton and Morrison still.

I read on TDS that the Mill Pond has 20-30' of vis in most of the caves, perhaps a bit more in JB.

I just called Vortex to let them know we want to do a night dive and asked what we need to do. Connie says the shop should be open until about 7 PM. If you are not going to get there by then (hopefully we will all be getting full at Sally's) you need to fax a copy of your certification to 850-836-4557. There will be liability release forms left by the door to fill out and give to someone spending the night to turn in to the office in the morning. If you have rental equipment, it can be left with someone who is staying overnight or placed on the porch of the house across from the shop.

If anyone is going to be late and needs to rent something, I'd be glad to help get it and make it secure until you get there. Gulf-Gulper will need a tank and I'm guarding his gear already :D.

So it looks like we're eating at Sally's then? No need for the covered dish, huh? Or was there a little bit of "leg pulling" going on there?

Oooops, eating ws on the other forum...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom