Major League Vortex Meet/Dive - Oktoberfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Works for me . . .

Hey, Rich,
How organized to we want to do the Oktoberfest???
I'll cook up another pot of brunswick stew.

the K

SuPrBuGmAn:
Wha?? Nobody is bringin any Con-A-Q sausage?? :D
Your job, Matt, (no matter what else you bring) is to pick up some of the "original" Robertsdale smokehouse sausage and bring that along. I'll bring some Conecuh :)
Rick

The Kraken:
Works for me . . .

Hey, Rich,
How organized to we want to do the Oktoberfest???
I'll cook up another pot of brunswick stew.

the K
Organized???
O R G A N I Z E D ? ? ?
We don' need no steeeeenking organization!
:)
Serioulsy, all will come together into a grand time by everybody just showing up. If anyone wants to "organize" any specific events that's fine by me, but my plan is to just show up and go with the flow... I do plan to get in at least two trips beyond the grate, to eat some sausage and some of your Brunswick Stew and to drink some beer. Otherwise my plan is "flexible, responsive and enthusiastic!"
Rick

Ooooooooooooooo-tay !!!!

the K

The Kraken:
Du liebe Gott !!!
Wir haben ein rechtige Deutscher
(Give me a break, it's been 38 years since I studied German)

the K
Not bad!!

Ja das stimt ich bin ein rechtiger Deutscher aus Erlangen und ich brauch ein beer und eine bratwurst, na ja eine schoene frau komt auch dazu. :wink:

Juergen

Dennis and I will bring the beer and the brats. We are assigning you to bring the Schoene Frauleins.

Hoffentlich, sie is nicht verheiraten . . .

the K

Tom Smedley:
Juergen

Dennis and I will bring the beer and the brats. We are assigning you to bring the Schoene Frauleins.

Ah, the memories....
The Orange Bull
Austin '66
Singin' and drinkin' beer...

FAR ACROSS DEEP BLUE WATER,
LIVES AN OLD GERMAN'S DAUGHTER,
BY THE BANKS OF THE OLD RIVER RHINE.
WHERE I LOVED HER AND LEFT HER,
BUT I CAN'T FORGET HER,
I MISS MY PRETTY FRAULEIN.

FRAULEIN, FRAULEIN, LOOK UP TOWARD HEAVEN,
EACH NIGHT WHEN THE STARS START TO SHINE.
BY THE SAME STARS ABOVE YOU,
I SWEAR THAT I LOVE YOU,
YOU ARE MY PRETTY FRAULEIN.

WHEN MY MEMORIES WANDER,
AWAY OVER YONDER,
TO THE SWEETHEART THAT I LEFT BEHIND.
IN A MOMENT OF GLORY,
A FACE COMES BEFORE ME,
THE FACE OF MY PRETTY FRAULEIN.

FRAULEIN, FRAULEIN, WALK DOWN BY THE RIVER,
PRETEND THAT YOUR HAND'S HOLDIN' MINE.
BY THE SAME STARS ABOVE YOU,
I SWEAR THAT I LOVE YOU,
'CAUSE YOU ARE MY PRETTY FRAULEIN.
----------
LYRICS AND MUSIC FOR "FRAULEIN" (YOUNG WOMAN)
WERE WRITTEN BY
LAWTON WILLIAMS IN 1957.

BOBBY HELMS RECORDED THE SONG THAT SAME YEAR. IT STAYED ON THE NATIONAL CHARTS FOR 52 CONSECUTIVE WEEKS. THE SONG BECAME THE BIGGEST COUNTRY HIT
OF ALL TIMES.
---------
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Your job, Matt, (no matter what else you bring) is to pick up some of the "original" Robertsdale smokehouse sausage and bring that along. I'll bring some Conecuh :)
Rick

LOL

Will do, I'll bring some Abita Beer from Louisiana too :D Turbodog? Purple Haze? Screw it, I'll bring both!

As for my 'plans' I plan to do atleast one OW/cavern group dive with everyone at Vortex, either night and/or day. I still won't be going beyond that first curve, much less any grates - LOL! :D

The rest of the time, I'll be diving at some of the other springs in the area again(ie, Morrison, Cypress, maybe Becton depending on water levels). The more that come along, the merrier. :D Course, there will be some major food intake and beer sampling/recycling going on as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom