Magnifier Lenses for Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used stick ons for 5 years and have had good results. I clean my mask real well
and clean the lenses well. After sticking them per instructions I use a hair drier to dry them and evaporate all the water from under them and no problems. Sometimes I will see bubbles under the edges but after rinsing them before a dive No problem.

I tried the stick on type and they lasted one dive and I couldn't see through them. I sent my mask to Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878 and now I have all my masks converted. They use optical grade glass and once it is glued in it is staying in and it works. I don't carry my reading glasses onto boats anymore. I just use my mask.

Not cheap but your eyesight isn't going to get better either...cheaper in the long run in my opinion.

Just got my Atomic Subframe (bifocal) mask back from Prescription Dive Masks yesterday, checked it out in the pool last night and am very pleased with it.

The only thing that's a drag is the extra weight of the prescription lenses but that's not an issue in the water.

AggieDad's right. Prescription masks aren't cheap, but for those of us who need them it's the only way to go.

It also means that I take very good care of my masks and store the primary in a Pelican case for travel. Those flimsy plastic cases from the manufacturers aren't nearly rugged enough for such an expensive--and absolutely vital--piece of gear.

This is my third PDM mask. I recommend them without reservation.

Before getting contacts, I used the Walgreen stick on lenses with no problems. Stuck fine and never fell off until I took them off. Only issue I had with them, since you can't get defog between the lenses, the mask had a tendency to fog up between the two lenses.

Back
Top Bottom