MAdmole section....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jepuskar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Seriously, this section should be called the Madmole section, not the rebreather section.

We need to get more people involved in this section....however, I guess its participation is reflective of the recreational community and what their needs are.

Madmole, you obviously have an in-depth experience with rebreathers and your contribution to this section is greatly appreciated......helping people new to the rebreather scene (like me) and also other veterans, like yourself, I think I can speak for everyone on here and say 'Thank you'.

:type:

jepuskar once bubbled...
Seriously, this section should be called the Madmole section, not the rebreather section.

We need to get more people involved in this section....however, I guess its participation is reflective of the recreational community and what their needs are.

Madmole, you obviously have an in-depth experience with rebreathers and your contribution to this section is greatly appreciated......helping people new to the rebreather scene (like me) and also other veterans, like yourself, I think I can speak for everyone on here and say 'Thank you'.

:type:

i cant agree with u more,
some time when some one ask a question, and any one else answer , i say in my heart......lets see what madmole will answer for this one

:D

bless u madmole.

You guys are right, between his excellent website and the many posts on scuba boards Madmole really does help educate about RBs and getting rid of myths and lies.

There are others that come to mind, too, like padiscubapro, another RB diver who shares knowledge and experience openly and generously.

Thanks to both of you. The same to those who dive some of the rarer RBs like the Prism, RB80 and Megalodon ... feedback on these units is much harder to come by.

It's people like you that make the net an invaluable resourse. :)
Stefan

Wish there would be some MK15/16, K2/3 and Cis-Lunar divers on this board, too, or even some of the manufacturers (Shas, you may well be, thanks).

Thanks guys, If your ever in London let me know and I'll buy you a real beer

Now I've got you all up to speed on the truth of rebreathers lets see if we cant teach you yanks about the really important diving Issue, The apre dive BEER (not the yellow stuff you think is beer)

Dons Nomex thinsulate

Anyway Its a bank holiday in the UK this weekend (4 days off) so I'm going diving and testing my new HammerHead controller for my yellow box. If you dont hear from me again you know it didn't work!!!!

:wink:

I thought your first sentence said:

'Thanks guys, If your ever in London let me know and I'll buy you a rebreather'

I almost went to O'Hare for a little transatlantic crossing. :)

... and Mad Mole is a courteous gentleman to boot, and very generous in his advice. I've experienced that personally and I'm very grateful for it.

Of course, Stefan and Joe (Padiscubapro) are equally adept and occassionally Ron and Shas get involved as well. There really is a lot of talent out there ready to give advice and that's great.

So, I think we should keep this section the "Rebreather" section for a while longer.:wink:

All the same, I believe this section should be moved from the "Equipment" part and onto, say the "Technical" side of this forum. A rebreather is just so much more than the sum of its parts ...:D

K.

Hammerhead update comming up. I'm looking forward to that, so try to come back safe, old chap. :wink:

Enjoy the weekend and K., thanks.
:D Stefan

Well back home early cos the weather gods decided to send a force 6 gusting 7 down on us which made it a little rough!!!!

But we got one days diving in. Nothing deep or tricky, the Betagne at 27M and the Galacia at 16M, bith with about 0.5 knots current. Water 10C and vis 5m

Well, the Hammerhead works. I had it set to Standard mode 3% deviance and 5 conservatism and maintained setpoint to within 0.01 below and 0.03 above settings. Deco was a lot pessimistic on 5 so will try 3 for future. Will try 5% standard next time next time

Display VERY clear and easy to see (better than original). HUD is great

All in all a good couple of dives

Am off on Thursday with Dave Thompson to do some deeper testing

How does it feel to be the ginnuie pig?
I'm looking forward to your .pdf manual for the unit, as I can't read the current version and hence don't know the modes and settings.
It'll all come together in due time.
Take care
:) Stefan

OK Caveseeker, will try to do a PDF version when I update the manual. Am concentrating on working out how MINE works for me at present. Will do manual update to Mk 2 probably this weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom