Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm trying to get someone from around here to join me so I can pass rule 15.

I don't begrudge the rule, of course, but it makes getting there exceedingly more difficult. I can drive overnight to Blue Water, Vortex, CSSP, or the like and dive on a whim, as I don't need anything but myself and my gear, but trying to talk a buddy into going (and even finding one that's not working) is often an exercise in futility. (Is "diver mummy" a term yet? It would reasonably describe their dessicated existence. :D)

I'd try the pick-up buddy thing, but I *really* want to be able to explore and observe the quarry (especially considering how much it costs to drive there from Baton Rouge), and to this day I have not found a compatible pick-up buddy. I guess I've been spoiled by all the solo diving and diving with my good buddy moonbasket, who communicates with aplomb, proceeds with all due patience, and leaves all the silt on the bottom. :biggrin:

Anyway, if I can talk, convince, bribe, or kidnap a buddy, I'll try to be there. (Depending on Gustav, I may have to beat a hasty return to Louisiana, but that's another thread.)

I'm trying to get someone from around here to join me so I can pass rule 15.

I can almost guarentee that if you make it to the quarry, you can find a dive buddy. If not, then I have a few DM's that are usually switching out from working to diving when we are open.

If you can let me know you are coming, I will make sure to get someone there for you to buddy up with.

One way or another, I will do my best to make sure you have fun and get a few dives in.

Britt,

I'll see you Saturday morning. Look for the red tent (again). :-D

Ltstanfo

BM2.0 and myself will be at Madison Sunday at opening for some pleasure diving. Please stop in the dive shack to say hello. (White dive trailer - gold toned Chevy truck)

Kenny

Octoberfest at Madison Quarry will be on the 4th of October.

We will be charging $25 for the day dives and an extra $10 for the night dive. If you show up after 5 PM the night dive will cost $15.

Most of the activities will begin about noon.

Sorry for the extra cost, but the food will be good and everyone should have a great time. :)

More details to follow.

I am making my families recipe for German Goulash ( sauerkraut,sausage,onions,peppers, potatoes) served w/ bread ...I will have it there in the early afternoon. As well as some goodies I hope to swap at the trade day.
Thanks Britt for the day, looks like it will be fun!
Tootles, Sheree'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom