Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me and friend want to practice rolling our Kayaks tomorrow. Are kayaks permitted in the quarry? Would it be 20 bucks per person? Thanks.

Britt will be the one to give the final answer, but I don't know that their lease allows "boating" as I think it also excludes swimmers. (it excludes swimmers, but not snorkeling, ironically. (from what Britt told me)).

(of course you could say your practicing diving from your kayak and you might be able to get it to slide :thumb:)

For everyone else..... the Quarry is only going to be open about another month and a half. It closes October 31st. The water will stay warm until then. so get out and dive it. dive it now..... as there are no guarentee's it will be open next year.

Whats the rain done to the quarry? I'm thinking about a trip to Madison on Sunday 09-27-09.

Its not horrible, the shallows are getting all the run off, but so far, everyone seems to agree that the vis is between 20-30 feet. Hopefully, today wont mess it up too bad. Temps seem to still be about the same too.

Kayaks... Never really thought about it but if it doesnt interfere with the divers, it should be fine.

Also, check out this topic, October should be fun. :)
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/305186-scavenger-hunt.html

What is the temp?

Last edited:
72 surface, 68 at 50ft. Viz 15-30ft.

Britt,
i wanted to thank you again for opening up the Quarry a couple of weeks ago on a Friday for Skip and the rest of our crew ! it was great chatting with you and your kids.. We are trying to get back very soon maybe this weekend

Justin

Brit, Phil:

Myself, Bryan Styles and his bunch will be participating in the Dive Sports night dive tomorrow night, 30th September at Madison and we’re looking forward to having some nice dives. Bryan has a diver which may need to rent a XL wetsuit and he was trying to procure this resource before the dive to see about where he could rent this from. Will either of you be able to have rentals?

Kenny

I have wetsuits onsite and Im sure Phil has some too. Call him and see if he can bring one or grab one when you sign in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom