Madison Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Britt! Wow! Great pics you have there. Thanks for posting them. Makes me wanna jump in. We will be parking under water if we get anymore rain.

What type of repairs are needing made? Be sure to post dates you will be there working and needing volunteers. If I am not having to work overtime still (ugh!), I would like to help if it is on a Saturday and something I can do. E-Mail me since I don't get on Scubaboard every day.

Bruce J.

I'd also love to help out. While I'm not particularly handy, I can operate a hammer without hitting my thumb (most of the time, at least!)

At the very least, I can provide food/drink and moral support :)

I'm hoping that the quarry might not need a lot of work. The biggest issues I have seen so far is my lack of confidence in the docks. If anyone does metal work, I could use some new brackets for the walkways. I would like to get the SW dock mounted to the shore like the NW dock, then reconnect the NW walkway to the dock like we did the SW dock last year. As for the back dock... I'm just not sure yet. :confused:

I am going to find a way to make diving the quarry even more fun this year. I am trying to work out a couple of ideas I have to keep everyone entertained. Warning... I have some really hair brained ideas for events, etc. so wish me luck. :diver:

BTW: Don't forget the catfood for the catfish. :D

Hope to get down there this season with the MTSS/ Coolsprings bunch.
Great job saving this site.

BTW: Don't forget the catfood for the catfish. :D

I've never bought that stuff before, but as a small child we used to empty several 50lb bags of feed in the ponds at a time. This was way before $$$ meant anything to me, so I may have to call around to see how much that stuff cost these days. If it's not too much, I may grab a few bags to lure some of the resident critters over while we dive. Should be fun to attach a bag to Rita's tail hook and watch them chase her. Lol.

Ken

Should be fun to attach a bag to Rita's tail hook and watch them chase her. Lol.

Ken

Yeah, that would be fun watching her get chased by catfish as you get chased by her... I wonder who swims faster when being chased, her or you?

Yeah, that would be fun watching her get chased by catfish as you get chased by her... I wonder who swims faster when being chased, her or you?

Trust me; I can swim FAST...especially when being chased by hungry fish, and when trying to catch the buddy who thought it would be a good idea to attach fish food to my gear :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom