Macho Men

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
yeah.. but they're so damn shy... also... they never say a word

nice, though

Not always...:wink:

Well, this is just a little secret for now...but GirlDiver will be hosting a Girls Only dive in the Pacific Northwest later this summer, and going on the road to various sites around the US next year. A great way to meet other females who dive.

Basically...the Girls Dive will have a dive for women and when you surface from the dive, the LDS owners or their studliest DM's will be waiting with hot food for breakfast. Did I mention they'll be in tank tops with "Cabana Boy" on the back??

Stay tuned. I'll post it here for the PNW divers when the date gets confirmed.

Cindy
http://www.girldiver.com

But if we were to have an all guys dive with hooters girls waiting to serve us when we came up.....you would call us sexist pigs and shallow

Scuba9:
But if we were to have an all guys dive with hooters girls waiting to serve us when we came up.....you would call us sexist pigs and shallow
Hey, I'd say "have a great time!" Party to your heart's content.

Scuba9...I really don't see the GirlDive as sexist.

My mission is to promote the sport of scuba with females. I live in the Pacific NW which is a challenging area for diving. We deal with cold temperatures...something that seems to ward off alot of females from the sport. This is just a fun event to get ladies together and increase the interest in our sport to other onlookers...both male and female.

As far as the LDS owners being compared to Hooter Girls...hmmm... Guess I need to visit the dive shops in Tallahassee!!

Cindy
http://www.girldiver.com

LOL was just kidding you. But you have to admit the thought does warm you up some...makes those waters not quite so chilly...lol Hope you girls have a great time.

If men had men only dive clubs, their sexual orientation would be immediately questioned.

By definition and descriptive, the female only diver event is unrebuttably sexist, but people have a right to be discriminatory, racist and sexist. As an example, I consistently have been sexist when it comes to dating, as I have never dated nor would ever date males. That is inherently sexist of me. And I have discriminated against overweight women by refusing to date them.

But just for an exercise, I have taken the post where sexism was denied by the poster, and I have removed the gender descriptive and inserted a racial descriptive and colloquialism and rhetorically ask, do you think the afore mentioned modified sounds racist?:

"Well, this is just a little secret for now...but WhiteDiver will be hosting a Whites Only Dive in the Pacific Northwest later this summer, and going on the road to various sites around the US next year. A great way to meet other caucasians who dive.

Basically...the Whites Dive will have a dive for caucasians and when you surface from the dive, the LDS owners or their most attentive yesssssir non-caucasian DM's will be waiting with hot food for breakfast. Did I mention they'll be in bow-tie formal waiters outfits with "Boy" on the back??

Stay tuned. I'll post it here for the PNW divers when the date gets confirmed."

Do you see how it sounds?

Although the Religion of Liberals wants to couch your Constitutionally protected right of freedom of association as a crime- just ask the parents of the Boy Scouts of America who were tired of trying to defend their underage boys from being attacked by homosexual pedophiles who were constantly suing (BSA parents were doling out $50K a month in legal fees protecting their boys against molesters) for the right to have access to underage boys. I personally think women should be able to have female only dive clubs, BUT, if they exercise that right, don't then turn around and complain that you can't get into the male only social/golf club and then file suit using man hater Gloria Allred.

Ok, civics exercise over, girldiver, I think what you are doing, i.e., increasing participation in diving by women, is to be commended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom