M.I.A., aka a new girl in my life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roughwaterjohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've received a few inquiries over the last couple of weeks, as to why I haven't been diving lately and how come I haven't been submitting any of my long winded, dumb @ss reports. :wink:

Well, I'll tell ya...
I sold my house recently, and getting it ready to sell took up an inordinate amount of my time. The upside is, I recently bought a boat, which I am in the process of moving aboard, and where I plan to live well into the foreseeable future. The down side is, it's taking up an inordinate amount of my time. :eyebrow:

I miss my dive buddies though, and I'm looking forward to getting back in the water within the next couple of weeks. For those who miss my reports, have patience, they will be forthcoming shortly. For those who hate my reports, now is the time to fear, as they will be forthcoming shortly. :eyebrow: She's not only going to be 'home sweet home', she should be one helluva dive boat.

If you're curious about the new girl in my life, here's a link to explore. I'm living at the Kona Kai Marina on Shelter Island in San Diego, so if you're in the area, stop by and say hello. I'll make sure to introduce you to 'my girl'.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v116/krowsea/Roughwater 42/

John

Oh, John, She's beautiful!!! Is she a RoughWater? About 40-44'? What a beautiful interior of warm wood...I wish you both a wonderful life together!!!
I did have a small nagging worry about not hearing your witty voice on the Board, so it's great to hear this news. I've talked alot about driving down to SD for more diving, and I'll definitely PM you when work slows down and I can get there. I'll keep a great vision in my head of you and the Glenna Jane.
Happy new home!
Claudette

Jim,
She is a beautiful boat. You must be very proud of her.

Let see now. White soled deck shoes - check, know my port from my starbard (port= 4 letters left= 4 letters, got it)- check, know how to scrub down a boat after an outing - check. Can read nautical charts - check. Can use GPS - Check, can help pull in and out of dock with out putting hole in boat - check.

Yep, I am ready. When do we go? :eyebrow:

HBDiveGirl:
Oh, John, She's beautiful!!! Is she a RoughWater? About 40-44'? What a beautiful interior of warm wood...I wish you both a wonderful life together!!!
Claudette

Ooooh, good call! :crafty: In fact, she's a 1988 42' Roughwater. I'm hoping for many years of aquatic bliss. You're welcome aboard whenever you're in the San Diego area. Also, don't be surprised, depending on location of course, to see us show up at a Wrinkles Dive. :eyebrow:

John
Skipper of the "Glenna Jane"

Pasley, you sound like a sea fairing man to me. You should fit right in! :wink:

John

John, you've been missed! Glenna Jane is beautiful!

We've missed you John-Boy. It's nice to get an update.

Glad to here that you absence has all been due to that new relationship in your life. She looks like a real sweet girl!

I look forward to reading your reports again.

Hope to see you soon.

Christian

Thanks Ann Marie and Headhunter! I miss all of you to, and I'm really looking forward to getting back in the water and spending quality time with the fishies and my dive buddies and friends. :eyebrow:

John

wrinkles:
I missed you too!!!!!!!!!!! I was worried for a second my chances were lost with you =)

Look at you, a man gets a boat and the ladies comes running......now I know what I've been doing wrong????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom