Luggage weight regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BomberoDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm flying to Cancun Saturday and I wondered if anyone knows the weight requirement for luggage. Does this vary from airline. ?

txbohunk:
50lbs domestic, 70lbs international (Continental) pretty sure this is the same for all airlines.

I think you're right on this one, however, I've found that some airlines, Ryan Air for one, are pretty lax on this, especially if the flight is not full.

My ticket info. for Coz. says 44lbs. This is my first time on Ryan though so don't know how lax they are. If the flight is like usual, it will be full.

BomberoDiver:
I'm flying to Cancun Saturday and I wondered if anyone knows the weight requirement for luggage. Does this vary from airline. ?

We flew on an Apple Charter last November it was 50# total per person. This April on American it was 70# per bag. Depends on the Airline.

BomberoDiver:

Who are you flying on...?

sealskin98:
My ticket info. for Coz. says 44lbs. This is my first time on Ryan though so don't know how lax they are. If the flight is like usual, it will be full.

We were worried about the weight limits when we flew Ryan over Christmas to Coz. My TA told us they post the weight limit so that people that move back and forth would not bring everything they owned. In other words if someone is bring 4-5 cardboard boxes etc., instead of shipping them, Ryan would be able to point out their weight limits. They know you going to Coz or Cancun to dive most probably and should not charge for extra poundage. Our bags probably weighed around 75lbs. and they just smiled and put it on the conveyor belt.
No Problem.

parrotheaddiver:
They know you going to Coz or Cancun to dive most probably and should not charge for extra poundage. Our bags probably weighed around 75lbs. and they just smiled and put it on the conveyor belt.
No Problem.

I've never had a problem with the 44lb. limit. The way I pack I can get everything in at about 40, and that's even with my own weights. :D

I flew on Ryan the first week of April, and they never weighed the bags. They HAD to know they were over, because the poor little lady at the baggage-check almost popped a vessel lifting them...lol. They probably weighed a good 65 lbs each, and they never said a word.

Well, I booked a flight/hotel package from a travel agency from Mexicali , Mexicali. I'm flying from Mexicali to cancun on Aviasca Aerolineas from mexico. I called the agency and they told me 50 kilos...that sounds too much...maybe they ment 50 pounds. Thanks for your input so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom