Travelling with Tek gear - i wasn't ready for the weight!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably the worst airlines in the Western Hemisphere.

I believe Air Canada just received that "award"

Y'all obv haven't had to negotiate Lufthansa's wheel of fortune where every 4 slices is "Go on strike". One of their 24 hr strikes left me stranded in Egypt and I had to find my own way home. And then threaten legal action after several months to get my money refunded.

Y'all obv haven't had to negotiate Lufthansa's wheel of fortune where every 4 slices is "Go on strike". One of their 24 hr strikes left me stranded in Egypt and I had to find my own way home. And then threaten legal action after several months to get my money refunded.

On my most recent trip, ny agent kept trying to put me in code share flights with Lufthansa. Yes, they were less expensive but not so much dmso, that it was worth the chance.

Mexico "TSA" often doesn't like regs and no one likes reels/spools. I also had issues in Zurich IIRC? So I check everything heavy now. Black Diamond Stonehauler duffels are burly AF (made for climbing gear which is also hard and heavy like dive gear) and slightly less flashy then Patagonia's Black Hole duffels. Rugged Duffel Bags For Camping & Outdoor Travel | Black Diamond.

Carbon BP and my wing and breakables like masks along with clothes in my carry-on.
What size duffel are you using for your gear? They have an interesting Memorial Day Sale going...

I always travel business class.

I get two free 70-pound (32-kg) checked bags and more overhead space that I will ever use.

Plus all of the other perks of flying business class that make it all worthwhile when traveling long distances.

I believe Air Canada just received that "award"

Dude, you should fly American sometime. I've done a couple of trips on AirCan over the past two years and it was total white glove treatment compared to American.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom