LP108 vs E130 . . . advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rings890

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
So I am thinking of replacing my twin 100's with either 108's or 130's. I like the LP 108's for the ease of gas blending but I am seeing more & more people in the tech community using the 130's. Filling to 3442psi is not a problem but I was looking for some incite to this. Are divers going to the 130 simply for the added gas volume or is there more to it?
There is only one inch in height difference between the two 25.5 or 26.5 & they are both 42ish lbs ech so I will be compressing my spine either way.

What I have found is that as my twin 100's become empty I get top heavy and it is causing some real issues with my trim. I have twin alu 80 also and don't run into this problem with them but I like the extra weight of the steels. So simply I like only having to wear 4 lbs of lead with my heavy dry suit underwear on.

Lets hear what everyone has to say.

I have Steel LP 95 Doubles, and I had the same head heavy trim problems until I installed a Tail Pouch with a 5lbs. soft weight (no more need for a weightbelt): http://www.deepseasupply.com/page24.html

For a replacement set, go with the E130's; same height as a Catalina AL80 (about .32" taller), 0.75" inches wider and about 11lbs. heavier. (Get ready to double 'em up --start doing those Squat Lifts!:wink: )

I actually prefer the 108's as they give me a bit more volume (if filled to the same pressure, not a problem in certain locations). 130's to 2640 would have the same volume as LP100's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom