Low on air in deco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spearfisherman55:
This is more like the answer I was looking for. don't I need to be 18 years old before I can take deco diving course. I can't get doubles yet, because I am only 15 and can't handle that much weight yet. I am going to try to take the AOW course this summer.
I see a serious flaw there. You can't handle doubles, because you aren't strong enough. But, you're going to take a deco course before you're 18.

You gonna do those 160' deco dives with an AL80?

wedivebc:
You are aware you are responding to a 15yo. What agency in their right mind would certify him for trimix? Why even bring that up?

15?

Nevermind. You can't convince a 15 year old of anything.

Terry

Web Monkey:
15?

Terry

Mom? Is that you? I mean that in a good way! She was always right. *Grumbles*

Web Monkey:
15?

Terry
While I agree most of the time, I ask that you not use that generalization with all 15 year olds....it is not true about some.

spearfisherman55:
My uncle said that he doesn't get narced until 180'.

Your uncle is wrong, and this is all pointless. I didn't realize you're 15.

Someone needs to contact your parents and tell them you're going to die or be permanently disabled for the rest of your life.

Terry

ScubaTwo:
Im sure there are. This is the first forum I have ever been on. Yup Im a forum newbie :)
thats ok
we all where at one time.... then we learn

spearfisherman55:
My instructor said that nothing is wrong with me diving to 130', he just said that the AOW course would teach me to do dive planning with dive computers.
If you have the mindset probably not, i went to 130feet on my OW card, however I wasnt waiting until i had 500-700 psig to make an ascent, you have shown that you dont have the responsibilty to be at that depth.

spearfisherman55:
My uncle said that he doesn't get narced until 180'.
yeah right, i recently was doing some 170-180feet dives on Air (on twins and full deco), conditions were good, minimal current, good viz (like 70-80 feet) and warm water, i did not feel uncomfortable i did not feel out of control, no narcosis what so ever. I switched to trimix for the same conditions, it didnt feel much difference, then i noticed that another diver still on air didnt seem to register i was even there, my hand was inches from his mask, hmm maybe there is a difference. Then i played back my video shot whilst diving air, it wasnt of me but taken by me and it was just a mess. i was just waving the camera around not panning. A shot i had taken of a moray (which at the time i thought was a nice steady shot of around 10 seconds or more, was actually only 2 seconds of camera shake.

Narcosis creeps up on you to the extent you dont know its there

Web Monkey:
Your uncle is wrong, and this is all pointless. I didn't realize you're 15.

Someone needs to contact your parents and tell them you're going to die or be permanently disabled for the rest of your life.

Terry

Unfortunately, the mentality expressed here severely cripples our area from producing good divers. Dives of this nature take place almost daily. This way of thinking has been passed down through the ranks since the 60s. This group also has the track record to prove it. Many people have died. The classes, instructors and information are out there. The problem here is either they DONT WANT to learn, or they're too cheap to pay for the proper classes. These are the same guys that come in and complain about paying $5 for an air fill. You can only lead a horse to water...

Back
Top Bottom