Love my new dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AUTiger

Contributor
Reaction score
I installed and used my new OS dry gloves yesterday and loved them. I had to mount the rings myself which was a bit tricky. I punctured one of my wrist zip seals. I recommend making sure that your fingernails are well trimmed since there may be some rough handling going on. I configured it to leave a wrist seal even with the gloves. I was concerned about how much dexterity I would have but it worked out fine. I might have been overly challenged if I had a camera housing with small close set buttons, but my Ikelite D80 was fine. I was the only one without pruney fingers at the end of the day. They gloves were easy to don and doff but didn't leak a drop.

David

Just switched out my orange gloves for the thicker ( and less rip prone) blue Atlas gloves...and I can already tell my dexterity is going south with these blue ones. But no leaks so far!

I saw a man doing his drysuit confined water last Sat. When he was undressing, all his underclothings were SOAKED!!!!

I'll bet it came from his wrist seals or his shoulder valve....

I love my XS Scuba "Dry 5" Gloves. They are 5mm Crushed- Neoprene but completely dry inside. Much more comfortable than the standard blue latex gloves and you don't need to install anything. They also make a 3mm version for more temperate diving.

Back
Top Bottom