Lost weight but increased lead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do a weight check after your next dive: when you get back to the boat, with 500 lbs in the tank, take off 2 lbs and see if you can still sink. If you can, repeat.

I once had lots of trouble holding safety stops. (I kept adding lead because, you know, you really want to be able to hold SSs.) A friend saw me bouncing around a bit at the stop and started taking off lead -- I dropped 12 lbs. that day - best thing I ever did!

I used to dive with about 20 lbs on a full 3mil. Now I dive with 6 lbs on a full 5. GUE Fundies helped a lot.

- Bill

Done a check today and 10kg was perfect at 50bar. On ss had to dump all air from suit and wing so a little bit uncomfortable on my ankles (had thermals tucked into socks so not sitting nice)
May use an extra kg so I can keep a bit of air for comfort in the suit.
Must have had a trapped bit of air or a belly full of gas

Also I wish I could use 3kg but then again I will never see a 3mm suit. It's either 7mm semi dry with hood gloves and boots or crushed neo drysuit with varying undersuits water was a warm 48degree f today

Back
Top Bottom