Ap Insp expd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeeIom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi fellow divers, ive been away diving fresh water caperwray and stoney cove to get my mod 1 done my weight has been 8kg all on the belt with a 7L Ali Bailout. Went for a dive today to do weight check and run through some skills oc bailout as i f***ed it up last time ...

jumped in with 8kg on belt and 3kg between trim pockets on top of wing 11kg total thinking that should be about right, i handed off my stage to my buddy as i wanted to see if id be netrel at 6m.
Emptied wing, ds and lungs nothing added a 1.5kg clip nothing, repeted process again ended up with 3 1.5kg clips later i can sink slowley 15.5kg im thinking this is far to much, cliped stage on at 5/6m took squeeze out off suit, went for a swim around 10m max as off the jetty suit started squeezing just a short blast of air and im possitive suit still squuezing checked to see if i had minimal loop and i did.

my thoughts ive gained a load of weight in the last 2 weeks - probaly not enogh to cause that or god knows....

what weight is everyone using with yellow box im in a 1.5mm crushed neo with artic undersuit

thanks lee

My uncle has that unit with DUI mid weight thermals he's in the 22-24lb range.

Crushed neoprene and arctic undies are gonna add quite a bit of extra buoyant force here.

My uncle has that unit with DUI mid weight thermals he's in the 22-24lb range.

Crushed neoprene and arctic undies are gonna add quite a bit of extra buoyant force here.
I know my ds and undersuit will but what I can’t get my head around is the shift between fresh water and salt water 8kg fresh 14.5kg salt and probably still needing more to get rid of suit squeeze 😂 when I’ve done oc fresh to salt it’s been a couple of kg’s same suit and undersuit and I’m not changing them as the Isle of Man is cold all year around 😂

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom