Lost my May flight thanks to ATA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kmcneer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for another inexpensive way to fly to Maui in May. Had a connection on ATA from Southwest, but with the failure of another airline I got left hangin. Anyone know of other airlines that might have some good deals?

I am looking for another inexpensive way to fly to Maui in May. Had a connection on ATA from Southwest, but with the failure of another airline I got left hangin. Anyone know of other airlines that might have some good deals?

Sorry, but I think that you are kind of on your own. You're looking for an inter-island flight from Honolulu to Maui, right? The only carriers left right now are Hawaiian and Go.

And there are still folks stranded here trying to get home. See article:

Stuck in paradise | starbulletin.com | Business | /2008/04/08/

You might be able to find something, but I doubt it will be cheap as demand is heavily exceeding supply right now. It is unlikely that the situation will change much for the better by the time you need to travel.

Perhaps you might consider taking the Super Ferry to Maui.

Good Luck!:)

I heard that Southwest was next in line....

Southwest???? No way!?! I've already had several cancellations for pre booked tours thanks to ATA and Aloha Airlines going belly up on us. The trickle down effect is in effect.

To the OP: can you provide more details to what your needs are? Like it was said, demand is heavier so the situation will require that you look harder than normal for the 'deals'.

Southwest had code-sharing agreements with both Aloha and ATA, so I am sure that the demise of both will cut into their profitability.

Where you on a mainland flight with ATA into Maui? If so what is your connector city? If you are looking at inter-island, then sorry. Just watching the prices go up, and up, and up. Just returned from Hawaii on Sunday. Glad my wife booked Hawaiian instead of Aloha like I suggested. Glad she does not listen to me.

Back
Top Bottom