Lost Gear in St.Lawrence- Wine & Snivel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barb

Contributor
Reaction score
I lost my Halcyon 80lb lift bag in the river this past week and I just can't seem to let it go ..... so I thought maybe if I talk about it a little more (read: wine and snivel) I can move on.

This gave me the idea for a new thread .... So what gear have you sacrificed to the great St.Lawrence river?

I've also found some interesting stuff so maybe it all equals out in the end.

Barb
:(

PS: Dan at DiveTech offered his deepest condolences on my loss .... and offered to sell me a new one - he's just so thoughtful sometimes !!!

barb once bubbled...

This gave me the idea for a new thread .... So what gear have you sacrificed to the great St.Lawrence river?

I lost a PINK ankle weight diving on the Gaskin. Bummer! However, I did locate an integrated weight pouch on the Daryaw but I couldn't bring it up so I left it in an-easy-to-find-location and told the owner so a rescue operation was undertaken. I assume he got it back alright.

Diverlady

I deflated the bag but obviously there was still some trapped air and when I removed it from the load it was carrying, it slipped from my hand and was swept away in the current.
For a split second I considered going after it... but I was in 75' of water and already close/in deco so I watched it drift up and away.
Dan was teasing me about it.... said a couple of guys came in the shop and offered to sell him a used bag for $75.00 (one they had just found). Oh, he's nasty sometimes.
I will let it go and hope it finds a good new home.
Thanks for your condolences also.
Barb:(

Last reported floating down towards Cornwall.....

But the new one matches mine now, so we're really looking like dive buddies now!

BTW -- thanks for taking me out to play with my new equipment. And for not laughing at my not so graceful descent!

... on that same dive I found a light on the way back.
So if anyone has lost a light in that area and can describe it to me, I'll happily return it if it's a match.

I've also found an integrated weight belt - I think it was from a Mares BC. I retrieved it (with said lift bag - gee, I'll miss it) and will also return it to the rightful owner if they can I.D. it.

Barb
:)

Was the plastic "belt clip", just inside the bag yellow/green in colour? A Mares Velcro style.

NO it's not mine..........but I MIGHT know who's it is :D

My only (to date) sacrifice to the dive Gods..........1 fin.

Sooner or later, everyone has to ante-in.

Barb,

Do you mean a weight pouch out of a Mares BC? It didn't have 9 lbs of soft weight inside did it? :wink:

That is my only sacrifice to date, lost it on the Gaskin. :eek:ut:

the only equipment sacrafice I have had to date wasn't in the st. lawrence

I managed to hook my knife on the ladder of the boat when we were at the Arabia last weekend, pulled it out of it's sheath ;-0

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom