Lost computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Today at about noon my wife lost her Oceanic Prodigy in a black rubber wrist case at the south end of Cedral. PM me if you find it.

Failing that, what recommendations does the group have for shopping for a replacement here on the island? We are here for 11 more days.

I think Aldora might rent out of their downtown shop. I think I've seen wrist computers displayed there that may have been rentals. Cozumel Scuba Repair does not rent them or sell them, unfortunately.

Good luck and hope the wind cooperates!

Sorry to hear about the lost computer
You can try Cozumel Scuba Repair

I bought this computer and decided to attach a bungee with super glued caps. So far it doesn't slip down my wrist when I'm doing pool sessions. This allows the strap to sit loose on my arm.

Attachments

• computer.jpg
    computer.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 48
Try Cozumel Scuba Repair. Renting for 10 days will be $100. Put that to a new computer.

Prodigy? Is that like a 18 yr + old computer?

Prodigy? Is that like a 18 yr + old computer?
I believe it is. Just did a check. 2007. Only 42 dives on it. $40 US. Can't go wrong. Expensive computers don't stop you from getting DCS. Plus, if you lose it, there's a good chance you won't get it back. What do you think of my bungee straps?

I had one (my 1st dive computer). It was OK. I did not like it change modes by itself and loose depth into for a few seconds (mine was really old probably 1st generation).
It used DSAT algorithm and did not do nitrox.
I prefer Bühlmann ZH-L16C or RGBM.

Edit:
Shearwater uses Bühlmann ZH-L16C with gradient factors. My Mares uses RGBM with user conservative factors.

Correction. The prodigy came out in 2002 (22 years ago) and used a Modified Haldanean Algorithm that is similar to DSAT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom