Lost computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe it is. Just did a check. 2007. Only 42 dives on it. $40 US. Can't go wrong. Expensive computers don't stop you from getting DCS. Plus, if you lose it, there's a good chance you won't get it back. What do you think of my bungee straps?
That works. I agree. If you do something stupid, ignore your computer, use every last second on no doco time, assend quickly... your computer will not save you. I am surprised at how many people dive and have no clue what their computer is telling them (beep, beep, beep). I asked sometimes why their computer is always beeping and ths best response I got was "it always does that!.

:facepalm:

I'm so sorry to hear it's lost, but hope it will show up. You could post on the roll call page to see who's coming down and see if someone will bring one with them from home (if that will get you better prices).

Correction. The prodigy came out in 2002 (22 years ago) and used a Modified Haldanean Algorithm that is similar to DSAT.
Yeah, it was old but still functional; I have a data max that I think is even older. Just before the dive where she lost it she was telling me that she thought we should get new computers. Hmmmm…. :D

Just before the dive where she lost it she was telling me that she thought we should get new computers. Hmmmm…. :D
Ah, a well thought out plan.

Yeah, it was old but still functional

Nothing wrong with diving an old computer! I still dive with an Oceanic VT3 as my backup computer, and I bought that used off eBay something like 18 years ago.

When it dies, I get to buy a new dive computer and my Garmin becomes the backup. The circle of life! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom