Lost Certification cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waterwabbit

Reaction score
Hi! I know this is a long shot, but... I was in Costa Rica last week, dove with Ocotal Resort with a really nice couple from Utah on March 19. I can't seem to remember their names. My certification cards were in my jacket which the couple was nice enough to let me leave in her bag. I think my cards fell out in the bag. If by any chance you are on this network and you found my cards (my open water and advanced), I would really love to hear from you!!! Please email me at ksarapak@yahoo.com or respond to this post. Thank you!!!

waterwabbit:
Hi! I know this is a long shot, but... I was in Costa Rica last week, dove with Ocotal Resort with a really nice couple from Utah on March 19. I can't seem to remember their names. My certification cards were in my jacket which the couple was nice enough to let me leave in her bag. I think my cards fell out in the bag. If by any chance you are on this network and you found my cards (my open water and advanced), I would really love to hear from you!!! Please email me at ksarapak@yahoo.com or respond to this post. Thank you!!!

Contact the resort right away and ask them to check their records... and maybe even their lost and found. Ask them for info on these folks. You might get lucky!

Otherwise, your cert agency can replace them but this time they'll have pictures that look like you. :15a: (Mine show a nice young man with hair)
:bravo:

Thanks! That's a great idea!!! I did call the resort, but I didn't think of trying to get the couple's information. If not, I guess I'll just have to get new cards - do you know if I have to replace both my open water and advanced, or can I get by with just my advanced?

waterwabbit:
Thanks! That's a great idea!!! I did call the resort, but I didn't think of trying to get the couple's information. If not, I guess I'll just have to get new cards - do you know if I have to replace both my open water and advanced, or can I get by with just my advanced?

I would think that you could get by with just replacing the highest card.

Cave Diver:
I would think that you could get by with just replacing the highest card.

That would work but I would suggest getting them all replaced if possible. I keep my cert. cards in a variety of places so they are handy and don't all get lost at one time.
Also, I always have one handy if I'm diving with a new operation that doesn't know me. I have a cert card easily accessible no matter what situation I'm in when they ask for that type of information. While paying in the store, while gearing up on deck, etc. No need to dig into my dry bag.

2 - in my wallet - Nitrox and Highest cert.
1 - with my log book
1 - in my dry box
All the others at home.

Paula

Hey silly wabbit. You don't need get all your cards replaced. Just get your AOW. Dive shops won't ask for more because you can't get an AOW without an OW. I lost all but my DM ages ago -- never have any problems.
When are we going diving again?
-Hapadiver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom