Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cano Island can be accessed by a short boat ride from Drake Bay, or a longer boat ride from Uvita.
Getting to Drake Bay via road can be challenging, we did it in a small SUV, but 4x4 is recommended, as there were several water crossings that vary with rainfall. Either way, there's a surface interval on the island, with a shore lunch.

When I did my dives at Cano, I was diving a BP/W, which the dive guides hadn't seen before. I heard them comment that the Canadian guy was like a machine in the water, he turns like a helicopter, lol.

Cano Island can be accessed by a short boat ride from Drake Bay, or a longer boat ride from Uvita.
Getting to Drake Bay via road can be challenging, we did it in a small SUV, but 4x4 is recommended, as there were several water crossings that vary with rainfall. Either way, there's a surface interval on the island, with a shore lunch.
Hi,
Who did you dive with? Looking for a good outfit on Drake for a trip to Isla del cano. 80 dives in AOW.
Thanks,
Juli

I have been diving in Roatan and Costa Rica. I'd take Costa Rica any day, I was in Drake Bay, diving at Cano Island. Lots of huge manta ray, sharks, turtles, great viz.
Can you recommend a dive center in Drake bay and would you recommend pre booking. I'm going with my partner at Christmas

Have you considered the island of Guanaja? It another bay island of Honduras. I stayed at Clark's Cay which was very nice & would highly recommend. Also check out their sister resort Dun bar rock as another possibility.

Hi, Was there no-see-ums at Clarks Cay? Agree with Dunbar Rock. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of steps though :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom