Loop wraps — functional or fashion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definately not for fashion. They protect the loop when diving in tight spaces... but also added protection for the hoses while traveling in my vehicle (LOL).

I never take them off. When I rinse everything, I just squeeze the water out and they dry when I hang up the loop.

I can't say for sure about other units, but rEvo hoses are silicone and silicone is a funny thing.

It is very tough. It will take a LOT of abuse... of certain types. But, you get one little nick in it and it will just pull apart.

Hose covers on silicone hoses seems like a really good idea, to me.

I’ve had a hose snag on jaggedy rock but it didn’t pierce. I made a set and they work great. If you think about the loop cleaning it’s basically the inside of the loops you are disinfecting so no worries on the outside IMO.

A lot of people use them for fashion. Why not. :)

I have had instructors say they also provide UV protection for your loop hoses if your unit spends a lot of time exposed to the sun outside or on a boat deck.

How loose/tight are the wraps? If you're using a NERD on a DiveCan, should the cord run underneath the wrap?

How loose/tight are the wraps? If you're using a NERD on a DiveCan, should the cord run underneath the wrap?
Yes, I am running it under the wrap

Cooper hoses are also worth considering for the same reasons.

Back
Top Bottom