Looney Birds on the Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, guys !!!

Called the dive shop today to speak with Judy. Got another person who relayed the information that Judy won't be in until Monday.

Anyway, I found out that they've just gone up from $125 to $165 for the Gray's Reef dive. For six divers that equates to $240. I know fuel prices have gone up, but I think that's a bit out of line so I've put in an e-mail to TLC Charters out of Savannah.

Their current published rate for the dive is $110 per diver.

I'll keep ya posted.

the K

OK, Looney Birds, good news !!!!

I've already made a reservation for one boat to do Gray's Reef on the 24th of June.

Cpt. Terry told me that he can arrange for a second boat for 6 divers.

Please go to the charter's web site and read the requirements and, if you're interested in doing the dive, download and fill out the waiver.

www.tlccharters.com

Now, I need to know as soon as possible (read by Monday evening) who wants to go.

Once we've determined who all is going, I'm going to need payment in full ($125 per diver) by May 31st.

Because of the costs associated with prorating a cancelled diver's portion of the dive to the remaining divers, your dive payment will not be refunded for a cancellation after June 10th.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but it can be difficult to replace divers/funds at the last minute.

So, there are spots for 6 more divers for the June 24th Gray's Reef dive.

the K

While we're in the planning stages, I'd like to throw this out . . .

Would you all like to meet up at a centralized motel the Friday evening before the dive and go have dinner in a group?

the K

Awesome, Kraken! My buddy and I are definitely GOING for Gray's Reef for sure!! :D

I can't commit to make to the dinner with you guys since I will be at UGA working for my internship until late. After working, I will be driving with my buddy to my sister's house in Savannah, GA for about 5 to 6 hours. That will work out good!

OK !!! So that leaves just 4 spots . . .

OK, Looney Birds, ya better get them before they're gone !!!

the K

Update on the Loonies on the Reef:

As of 2000 hours, Friday, May 5th there are but 2 (two) spots left on the second boat for the Gray's Reef dive on June 24th.

the K

Hey chief, are me and Rene in the planned group, if so I'll give you a call tonight to Confirm.

If we are not on two spots already, save us the last two and I'll call you tonight for final confirmation and to fix the details

Braz

Update:

All slots are filled !!!

Braz and Renee got the last two.

Remember, you all need to go to the TLCCharters.com web site, download and fill out the waiver.

I'll try to put together another trip a little later in the summer.

the K

Sounds awesome. Can you put a roster list here of who's going, please? (btw, I'm ScubaJW's buddy)

OK, here's the line up for the June trip:

Yukoneer
ScubaJW
m7scuba
M Bipartitus
Braz
Renee
Net Doc
Brian B.
Allen and friend
Yellow Angel Fish
the K