Looney Birds on the Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
Laserdoc,

It would, in my opinion, be best if you could get her into a shallower first ocean dive.

The dive doesn't concern me, it's not much different from the last OW dive a student does.

What does concern me is the fact that we are bailing out into the ocean in the middle of nowhere. Some people find this very disconcerting if they can't make a reference to land in some way, an island, beaches, buildings in the distance, etc.

I've seen many new divers balk at a dive even in sight of land due to just the vast expanse of open water.

If this is no problem, then I think she would be just fine. But that is a decision she must make.

The dive is easy and very laid back.

the K
Checked with the girlfriend and she would rather get some dives under her belt.Doing a beach dive at the jetties will give me a chance to make sure she is weighted right for salt and a few other things. I think after a St. Lucia in July and Bonaire in Oct. she will be ready to go. Had another question for you????? Why is this trip 125.00? Seems a little $$. Charters out of PC are around 60 to 70 bucks. Why is grays reef 125??
Did not know about Grays reef off our coast. Would like to dive this in the future.
Thanks Kraken!!

The cost is high due to the fact that the boats are limited to 6 divers and the trip out and back is about 3 hours each way. That eats up a lot of fuel.

And then there's the old troll, the law of supply and demand.

the K

How's the best way to pony up the deposit?

PM sent.

the k

Wow, wish I saw this thread yesterday! I would definitely interested in going! That charter on SSI is just 15 minutes away from me. Kraken, which date that is open with 2 more slots for me and my buddy? Let me know soon as possible. :)

wow what a response! I would like to do Gray's Reef but I might have to wait until a little later in the year. How are the conditions later in the year? If anyone knows drop me a PM.

Thanks,
Jeremy

OK, Looney Birds, here's what I'm going to do . . .

The head honcho who runs the dive op won't be back in the office until Monday.

I'll call first thing Monday morning and see if it is possible to charter two boats at the same time.

Anyway, I'll get this all worked out so that everyone will get to dive.

Man, I didn't know I'd get such response !!!!

I'll handle all the logistics and see what we can come up with. We've plenty of time if we shoot for mid to late June.

Just bear with me, guys, and I'll make it all happen.

the K

Gray's Reef Dive Update: 5-1-06

I called the dive shop through which I'm planning on making the charter this morning.

I received a recorded message that they won't be open until Thursday, May 4th.

I'll call again at that time and post any forthcoming information.

Have patience, Luke Dive-Walker . . . .

Diving Gray's Reef do we will . . .

the K

Awww, ok, I am anxious to know what's goin' on. :)

The Kraken, did you call Island Dive Center on SSI? I am anxious to know the updates! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom