Looking to take Advanced Open Water in Kona in May.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sparhawk13401

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Aloha.

I can't wait! This May I'll be in Kona for 10 days with my wife and her parents!!! While we're out there I was hoping to knock off my Advanced Open Water Cert.

Anyone want to recommend a shop? If there's someone I should avoid feel free to PM me (to avoid flaming).

Other than that I'll be doing lots of shore diving with the father in law- we'll need tanks and air - and my wife was hoping to swim with the dolphins (sadly she doen't scuba).

I've been told the night dive witht the rays isn't to be missed and most shops offer that as you night dive for the Advanced cert.

Any insider info is greatly appreciated......

Oh and I can't wait!!!!!

I just dove in kona this week and it was great. i dove with big island divers and they were fun to be with. also i would recommend jacks locker. most of the big dive shops send each other customer if they are full. when i dove there was only two other divers each day but i did notice jacks locker had a little more divers.

Thanks, man.

I was also looking at Neptune Charlies. My in laws dove with them a couple of years ago......but I can't find much of anything about them on here. Wondering if that's good or bad.....?

We'd love to have you join us for great diving in May. We also offer gear rentals for shore diving as well as dolphin watch trips. Feel free to e-mail us. You can address the e-mail to Angela if you'd like. I am one of the reservationists. I've been working for Jack's for over 13 years.

Back
Top Bottom