Looking to buy Mask??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

qcmaverick

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking to buy a new mask, I currently use an Aqua Lung Quartz 2 and it's fine. I mostly dive Lakes and Quarries in Ohio. I was looking at the SeaVision 2000 mask which the lens is yellow for low visibality, any info on these?? Also any suggestions on other masks would be appreciated.

I really like my Atomic SubFrame. It fits my face VERY well...has the Ultraclear glass lenses (no color distortion)...and come with a nice black skirt (keep you focused, lets in less light to distract you...).

Fit is primary with masks...find the ones that fit..then choose the one that you like the most of those that do.

Cheers,
Austin

Love my Oceanic Shadow. This is another low volume frameless mask.

For masks, key is fit to your face.

I'm just not convinced that yellow lenses do anything to help in low-viz conditions.

First of all, if you're tinting a lens, you're cutting out some portion of the light spectrum. Which means even less light getting to your eyes. Which can't be good.

For snow skiining, the argument with yellow goggle lenses for flat light conditions has always been that yellow increases contrast. I'm not convinced there, either.

It may mainly be a psychological thing, to visually warm things up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom