Looking to buy a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finally I managed to lay my hands on a little used Aqualung Giant 350 (crushed neoprene material) :) it fits nicely. On top of the nice price I don't have to hurry in a dive shop to get a glove system mounted or look for undergarment - got both :D.

The only bad thing is that the knee pads started to come off, I have to find the right glue to put them back.

Last edited:
I really like my whites fusion one because I fall into the category of fitting no stock size and i also did not want to spend a ton of money on dry suit. whites has some good packages for under 2500.

What is the difference between the SEAC Overdry and Warmdry suit? As for compressed/crushed material: is there any way to know the "degree of compression"? i.e. does a "5mm compressed/crushed" originate from a thicker neoprene than a 2-3.5mm?
I am also thinking on a winter suit, candidates are Aquata CRUSH and the Seac suits.

The SEAC dry suits are actually the Warm Dry and the Dry Plus. The Warm Dry is 4mm compressed neoprene with molded boots. The Dry Plus is 4.5mm compressed neoprene with neoprene sock. The way I understand it is yes, a 5mm compressed suit does originate from a thicker neoprene than a 2-3.5mm. However, different manufacturers may use different procedures so that may not be true in all cases.

I have over 100 dives on my SEAC suit now and it's still going strong. It's still the best dry suit I've ever had. I haven't had any issues with it, it keeps me warm even with the thin undergarment SEAC sells.

Back
Top Bottom