Looking to buy a Custom made wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sfb001

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good Day to all,

I am looking to buy a custom made wet suit. The scuba dving store that I usually go to does not have much option for a custom made wet suit.

I am looking for the following:

3/ 2 mm : 3mm for the body of the wet suit, 2 mm for the legs and arm.

I want the wet suit to be build with strech neoprene

I if possible to have some color option beside black

I will use the wet suit for scuba diving and free dving

If possible a store or company on the east coast since I live in Montreal, Canada

Any suggestion is welcome
Thank you and happy memorial day

Francois
:idk:

Why use stretch neoprene for a custom? The stretch is a negative for warmth, especially at depth. The only positive is a wider range of fit, which shouldn't be an issue for a custom.

Check out Atlan for a local dealer.

I agree not to push the button for stretch material on a 3mm custom. A full bodied neoprene will be warmer and as a custom cut it should be a no stress fit.

Pete

Last edited:
Another recommendation for Wetwear, just got my 2nd suit from them today. Hope to get it wet this weekend. :D
I have a 3mm from 2010, a vest from 2012, and now a 5mm. The Easy-on zippers on the arms and legs are AWESOME! They also put a longer diagonal zipper in the back to make it easier to get in and out of, and all zippers have seals to keep you toasty.
Connie & Kristie will take good care of you. They are a very small family operated business and they do get really busy from orders taken at dive shows so be patient and communicate often.

We use attico ATTICO WET SUITS Home located here in Toronto. Not sure how the remote purchase experience would be as we normally go into his shop for final fittings.

He measures you up, creates the wetsuit (you can customize it any way you want) and then he brings you in for a fitting and makes any adjustments. Both of my suits have required him to tighten it up in a few places to ensure a perfect fit. Since it is custom made I expect it to fit perfectly at the end of the process.

And he does allow any kind of customization. I have had things like spine padding added, sleeves shortened to make a semi shorty (easier to get arms in and out) etc...

He is a tailor and you get the same experience as when you have a custom made suit created.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom