Looking for TX dive buddies in December

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't on Saturday. I can the following Friday.

The avatar translates thusly: He was HOT to dive on Friday. Now he's just cool to the idea on Saturday. I don't have any explanation for that cat avatar a few days back...

I'll still go this Friday if you know someplace to go. Are there any other reservoirs or lakes to dive around here?

how about Possum Kingdom Reservoir? You can dive there for free right?

I don't know exactly where you are stationed. But . . . . .
This is only my opinion. I believe Lake Murray Oklahoma is the next closest dive site to the Metroplex. It is 1hr 50min north of Fort Worth straight up I-35 (just to the SE of Ardmore OK).

I'm in Lake worth. PK looks like about 65 miles west. I'll do a search on Lake Murray. Google says 112 miles to Lake Murray.

You can dive PK if you can get access to the water. I know, I know, sounds ridiculous, but hear me out. Almost all of the shore of PK is privately owned, and most of the public access points are pretty unsuitable for diving (murky, poor entries, boat traffic, etc...). Scuba point closed. About the only way to get to good dive sites on PK is to get a boat and hit the walls and coves on the south (southeast, actually) portion of the lake, toward the lower section and the dam.

Thanks for the info on Pk.

I'm still up for a dive next Friday the 19th. Who's game?

I'm resurrecting this one. Are you still looking to dive tomorrow?

Isn't a resurrection some sort of black magic voo doo thing? It sounds like voo doo to me.

I had planned to go over on Saturday since I hadn't received any response. Tomorrow will work for me if the boss will be there to open the gate.

Isn't a resurrection some sort of black magic voo doo thing? It sounds like voo doo to me.

No no no. Voodoo is a type of gas that you breathe that has more than 21% oxygen content. :shakehead:

I just called Robert and left a message about diving tomorrow. I'll post when he calls me back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom