Looking for people to dive with OH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah...got used to it. :) That's why the drysuit's budgeted next month! Wishing I had one to dive at the MnG this weekend looking at the forecast! Crap weather!

Ryan, when you dive Gilboa in a drysuit, you'll realize it was the best scuba purchase you've ever made. Wetsuits are for the Caribbean, not the midwest. :wink:
:cool2:

Yes..41 degrees is way beyond the norm for a wetsuit. I was desperate to get outta dodge and into the water. I have complained LOUDLY about 47 degree water in the past. We were mentally and physically(heavy suits) prepared for the dives. We knew they would be shallow and of short duration(20 mins).

The reason I pursued the trip was the weather. Sun and in the 70s. Outside of the water we never got cold or needed a towel to dry off or stay warm.

Also the most expensive by a factor of 4!

Not necessarily. I got mine used, almost new (less than 10 dives, according to the seller, and it looked pretty new, too) for about the cost of a first stage and a couple of regulators. Best dive money I ever spent. Makes the Midwest dive season comfortable from April to November, and doable year round if you're so inclined. Easy to don and doff, and I still get a kick out of climbing out of the water after a dive, remove the suit and I'm in dry clothes.

Anyone from Columbus going diving this weekend? I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally want to go but can't afford to unless I can carpool! PM me if you want to go!

Light...

Can't do this weekend..or next. Possibly in 2 weeks. Glad to carpool.

Trips up north are getting pricey, no doubt.

Dave M.

Looks like I am going to be heading up the last weekend in April (this coming weekend). Is anyone going to be there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom