Looking for people to Dive with, I live in Keller, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm thinkin' a lot of you guys might be single...or will be soon. :lotsalove:

okay, got a pass to go and dive on Saturday May 23rd. Anyone going out that I can tag along with and buddy up.

Steven Hart

I've decided to come on over Sat a.m. also to start out the season - going to be needing a buddy also as I'm quite certain my regular buddy is going to say the water is still too cold for her & stay home.

(Steve: PM sent)

texarkandy,
i'm up for diving, planning on meeting joshmotdiver and his wife around 9:30 or so. I'll figure out where we will be and let you know.

We usually get out there around 9:30am and set up over by the stone ramp entry.

I thought I knew my way around CSSP; but I am way confused now. Where is the stone ramp? :confused:

South side over by Fat Boy's wall.
Steel steps concreted in stone wall or ramp. :rofl3:
http://www.clearspringsscubapark.com/updatedcsspmap.jpg

I will be out there myself in a 5mm hoping to the heavens that I do not freeze.
Look forward to meeting you and the gang.

For Josh-
"Hey mister those are small tanks; how deep can you go on them?"

I thought I knew my way around CSSP; but I am way confused now. Where is the stone ramp? :confused:

Last edited:
the map shows 3 different stone ramps so i need to figure out which one, probably your reference to fat boys wall is helpful.

South side over by Fat Boy's wall.
Steel steps concreted in stone wall or ramp. :rofl3:

Duck, thanks the for the map. I stand corrected. I didn't realize that was a "stone entry ramp". Now I know.

Quite honestly.... thats what they called it.

It is really the quiet entry point on the south side past Cisico.
From the surface you just see a metal ladder.
So it is really a semi-submerged ladder with a cement and rock base.
When you are at the bottom of the stairs you can see were the stairs end and you fall into deeper water. Actually it is a nice treat as the stairs end and the wall falls away under-neither it. Makes a great place to do safety stops and we often drop tanks and scooters into the water and tie them off to the stairs.
Biggest problem is the stairs are single width and you have to give right of way to divers. O/w class can fill the thing in a blink of an eye.

Easy directions-
Pass gate make a right at the T-intersection and pass the air station.
Over the hills and when you bank back to the left you are looking at the general area. Just before you veer right on the road you can see the steps. There is two parking stops facing the steps and then the road loops around and there is lots of parking on the other side.
Google map site- South Ladder @32.78906940763272,-96.15047693252563

Now off to clean tanks... Oh the excitement. :confused:

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom