Looking for people to Dive with, I live in Keller, TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shart965

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got certified last summer and have my own rig but have had an extremely difficult time finding diving buddies. I am 35, married with 2 kids which makes it a little challenging to be available for diving without giving a little notice. I've met a couple of guys through our local dive shop but have had little success coordinating dives to CSSP.

I am looking for some people to dive with who are generally understanding of the life with kids, ie. soccer games, birthday parties, etc. which can make it tough to take off on a whim to dive.

Candidly, I can normally get out Sundays and with a couple weeks notice Saturdays can also be good.

Steven

If you'll just post a couple of days before heading out, there is almost always someone from the board out at Clear Springs every weekend. I'm sure most of them would be happy to meet up with you and go diving.

I'm in the same boat as you, a five year old, a one year old and a wife that looks at me funny if I don't give sufficient notice before heading out.

You poor guys... :shakehead:
Barefoot and Chained to the kitchen stove all your life afraid of the little woman ??

I don't believe a bit of it and I bet your wives wouldn't believe it either. :rofl3:

There has to be a better excuse then that for not going diving :D

Dang, I was just out there today. You could have joined me and my friends. The water is really nice now. My friends only have Sundays off so I will be sure to post when we go out there again. :wink:

How 'bout "The visibility is just crappy around here."

blue-tonic, I can't believe I didn't post earlier. I had been thinking of going out on Sunday but no dive buddy.

I am definitely able to go June 6 and 7 and this upcoming weekend I should be able to get out for at least a half day.

Let me know if anyone is planning on going out Saturday.

Steven

Steven,

Let me know, I can usually get out there, unless I have something else planned. I was just about to post a similar posting. -mike

Mike, I am hoping to get my weekend plans completed. I will post as soon as I know something but would love to get out this weekend.

If you'll just post a couple of days before heading out, there is almost always someone from the board out at Clear Springs every weekend. I'm sure most of them would be happy to meet up with you and go diving.

I'm in the same boat as you, a five year old, a one year old and a wife that looks at me funny if I don't give sufficient notice before heading out.

Agreed.
Steven, just post on here. There is almost always one of us swampers headed out every weekend somewhere-usually CSSP included.

ZzzKing,
Next time your wife looks at you funny, simply turn to her and say "Woman! Fix me a sandwich!"
That usually gets a positive response most of the time :D

Dang, I was just out there today. You could have joined me and my friends. The water is really nice now. My friends only have Sundays off so I will be sure to post when we go out there again. :wink:

Tonic,
I haven't been out to CSSP in a while. I need a condition report in a bad way (diving vicariously thru my swamper friends). What does 'water is really nice' mean?

I was out there yesterday, solo as usual. Water temps 71 down to 17ffw, then started dropping. At 35ffw I showed 61. Vis was the usual, 5-10 ft in most places, however in the grass flats I was getting 10-15 ft of vis. Vis around Cisco was terrible, as were the boats, platforms, etc. Once you got away from the attractions it was a good day for diving.

Back
Top Bottom