Looking for new DC. Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is mine,
plus spg with a large boltsnap
View attachment 692647View attachment 692650
C9875652-07F5-4F8E-9D37-A6E6D568CEE1.jpeg

deep 6 is a good computer and will be better with the update, I prefer to have everything in one unit.

Attachments

• B10EE742-93EF-482B-98D5-E3FBE822EDF7.jpeg
    B10EE742-93EF-482B-98D5-E3FBE822EDF7.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 67
View attachment 692672
deep 6 is a good computer and will be better with the update, I prefer to have everything in one unit.
What’s the DC on the right? Looks schmick… and therefore expensive 😰

One day when I’ve got more experience tucked away, the kids are grown up and either moved out or coming with me, and I’m diving a lot more I’ll invest in a more “complete” DC.
Until then I’m looking forward to getting my D6E. Now if only they’d hurry up and process my payment and ship it already 😂

will be better with the update
This was one of the deciding factors for me.

My wife used a Perdix and I had a Petrel.

The Petrel battery compartment flooded so the computer was toast. Shearwater offered me a deal on a Peregrine even though they were under no obligation to do so. I liked the idea of a rechargeable internal battery, so took them up on the offer. I also bought one for my wife so we could keep the Perdix as a backup.

We did 16 dives recently in Cabo Pulmo and really liked the Peregrines. They're a bit more compact than the Perdix, are easier to set up gases on and have a better wrist strap. They also consumed about 25% of the battery life over 16 dives, so very little power draw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom