Looking for Monterey Dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have Lobos reservations on Saturday but not Sunday (though the idea of hitching a ride into Bluefish Cove is extremely tempting :D).

Depending on conditions, we might be up for a Sat. night dive though...

Ben_ca:
I figured with all this rain you would have had enough of the water :)

It's the wrong kind of water. I looked pretty stupid walking around the neighborhood with my mask and snorkel! :D

D_O_H:
I would use this as an excuse to buy the kayak I've been eyeing for like a year, were I not under strict orders to not spend another freaking dime on scuba equipment (I've been on something of a spending spree for the last few months).

Get something like this instead. If you're going to dive from it, you'll be happier in the long run.

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/boa/150423896.html

I'd be up for night dives friday or saturday. And hopefully things will improve for Sunday in lobos.

Chris

I have a question for you guys in the know: how does one go about transferring a Lobos reservation to someone else?

nkw5:
I have a question for you guys in the know: how does one go about transferring a Lobos reservation to someone else?

Have the original person call Debbie at Pt. Lobos and transfer it into your name.

Hey peeps, Stephanie (nyscubagirl) has a bad ear infection and can't fly. We'll be wingin' it, just like our other Scubaboard get-togethers. I have an opening on my reservation too, so if someone else wants to buddy up, shoot me a PM.

dannobee:
Have the original person call Debbie at Pt. Lobos and transfer it into your name.

Hey peeps, Stephanie (nyscubagirl) has a bad ear infection and can't fly. We'll be wingin' it, just like our other Scubaboard get-togethers. I have an opening on my reservation too, so if someone else wants to buddy up, shoot me a PM.
dan, i am in the middle of some sirious custody stuff right now,(took daughter from abusive mother) if i feel i can leave home i may be able still to join you guys , i cant tell you definatley yet,things are a mess, law on my side thankfully. also a major thanks to ishie,she was there to save my kid while i was in the channel islands when this all started, anyway i was oregenally suppose to be there and may still be able to!! jim

I think you have to suck up to Debbie a bit to get a transfer done, too. Or maybe she just makes me work for it because she knows she can. Aren't they supposed to be non-transferrable?

That is correct, you aren't supposed to transfer reservations. Officially you are supposed to give them back to the park, and they go to the first person on the waiting list or a walk in that day. If you decide not to go one day, call the rangers desk a couple of minutes after 9:00 and tell them you can't make it, so someone else may be able to get in.

This was posted by Paul W. Lee on BA Diving 6/30/2005:

Hi Everyone,

I was asked to pass on the word that the no-transfer rule for Lobos reservations will be strictly enforced from now on.

In the past there was some latitude concerning this rule, (I've been on the receiving end as well as on the giving end a couple times myself) but I guess it isn't really fair to the people who don't regularly have access to large groups of other divers such as in ba_diving. :)

So the correct procedure is to return the spot back to Pt. Lobos if you can't use it, and then it will be first come first served.
(Do they have a waiting list?)

Paul Lee

So, the forecast is looking excellent Friday, marginal Saturday and pretty freaking bad for Sunday (by my standards, at least).

I really can't get away with taking Friday off, but could be in Monterey by like 6 or 7 and do a late evening and/or night dive. Anyone interested? I'm going to PM my cell # to Chris and nkw5 since I think they expressed an interest.

MONTEREY BAY-
841 AM PDT THU APR 13 2006

.TODAY...E WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING W IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 FT. W SWELL 3 TO 8 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
SCATTERED SHOWERS.
.TONIGHT...W WINDS 5 KT IN THE EVENING...BECOMING LIGHT.
WIN WAVES 1 FT OR LESS. W SWELL 2 TO 5 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
RAIN LIKELY.
.FRI...W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
W SWELL 2 TO 5 FT AT 12 SECONDS. RAIN LIKELY.
.FRI NIGHT...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT.
W SWELL 3 TO 6 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.
.SAT...SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT.
W SWELL 6 TO 10 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

.SUN...S WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
W SWELL 7 TO 13 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

Outside the bay is a little worse, but not by much:

PIGEON POINT TO POINT PIEDRAS BLANCAS TO 20 NM-
PIGEON POINT TO POINT PIEDRAS BLANCAS 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE-
841 AM PDT THU APR 13 2006

.TODAY...E TO NE WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
W SWELL 6 TO 9 FT AT 12 SECONDS. NUMEROUS SHOWERS.
.TONIGHT...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT AT 12 SECONDS. RAIN LIKELY
.FRI...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...INCREASING TO 15 TO 25 KT IN THE
AFTERNOON. WIND WAVES 2 TO 5 FT. W SWELL 4 TO 6 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
RAIN LIKELY.
.FRI NIGHT...NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT...BECOMING W AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT. W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.
.SAT...S WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
NW SWELL 12 TO 14 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

.SUN...S WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.
W SWELL 12 TO 14 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.
.MON...NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
W SWELL 10 TO 12 FT.

Back
Top Bottom