Looking for Monterey/Carmel Dive Buddies during Labor Day Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

okgeye once bubbled...
The Book ISBN: 0-86442-775-1
Publisher : Lonely Planet
Title : Diving & Snorkeling, Monterey Peninsula & Northern California

Includes top dive sites along Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, Sonoma & Mendocino coasts.

46 Dive Sites are described well.

Book List Price = $17

Great book. Picked it up at the Local Dive shop. I have looked at Point Lobos and it looks pretty good. Don't know if thats the one Cheryl is talking about (Los Lobos) but sounds close. I would say if you know of a good spot, just name it. I am open to just about any kind of dive. Kevin

It's really called Point Lobos State Reserve. Apparently it's such a popular dive site that CA state only permits so many divers per day there. They have a reservation policy that fills up on the weekends. They have a website that shows what days the site is full (with reservations) and what days are not full. It does not indicate how full days are...just full or not full.

http://pt-lobos.parks.state.ca.us/scuba/scuba.shtml

Talking with the other guys, we're going to take a risk and show up on a weekday without a reservation, hoping we luck out.

I'm pretty much game for any site that is not considered advanced diving in the early part of the week. And probably open to advanced dives in the latter half of the week.

I would really like to check out 1 or 2 of the dive sites North of SF like the Sonoma area. Mendocino might be too much of a drive from the Bay Area...don't know for sure without knowing about the traffic situation.

When I take my Dry Suit class at a Monterey Dive shop on Sunday (Aug 31st), I'll probably ask some of the folks there what they recommend and then plan from there.

For me, part of the fun of a vacation is not really knowing until the last minute what I will do next. ..makes it kind of an adventure. Plus I don't even really know any of you guys other than through this scubaboard so that adds a little more risk to the adventure! :D

To CHeryl and OKgeye

The newest post says Monterey was great this weekend. It sounds like maybe we should try some of the areas they mentioned. Except for point Lobos which is a boat dive. Kevin

kevjl2 once bubbled...
To CHeryl and OKgeye

The newest post says Monterey was great this weekend. It sounds like maybe we should try some of the areas they mentioned. Except for point Lobos which is a boat dive. Kevin

Just a small correction. Pt lobos is a shore or boat dive as their is a boat ramp there.

Monterey was pretty good this weekend. I'd recommend just going and checking out the conditions of a couple of places and see how it is.
If someone is there for the night they can stop by and ask divers coming out of hte water the night before as well.

Hi all. I just stumbled here by searching dive buddies in monterey for labor day weekend. New to the site and pretty new to diving still. I was interested in getting down to monterey at some point over labor day weekend as well and would love to have company, or join others going.

I don't think monastery would be a good place for me yet, but open to other ideas. I wouldn't even mind going back to breakwater, as that's where I did my open water cert dives a few weeks back. Nice area and easy to get in/out. Just hope there aren't too many classes if you plan on going on the weekend! Very popular local site for doing the open water dives.

You might want to start a new thread to find a buddy for this Labor day, this thread is 7 years old :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom