Looking for Monterey/Carmel Dive Buddies during Labor Day Week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now Larry, that plastic mattel imitation isn't a real speargun, and besides, I have 3 bands, you only have 2, how many fish did you get this weekend? j/k:) zeN

I just noticed the post for Labor Day Weekend, diving in Monterey. I have been inquiring about locating a dive buddy for the week before Labor Day. I am a NAUI certified divemaster, I am planning on arriving in the bay area on the 26th. I am pretty flexible and would be interested in diving any days from Wednesday through Monday (with a possibility of Tuesday). I have been certified for 2 1/2 years and I have (approx.) 225 dives with about 200 hundred in cold water of the Puget Sound and Canada. I will be bringing my own gear including drysuit and tanks. Please let me know if there is anyone with some availability to dive that week. Thanks

CHeryl, I dont know whether you found anyone yet, but I am interested. I am also looking to dive during this week. I am going to be in Monterey tue-Fri. I will be with my wife. She doesn't dive, but doesn't mind that I do. She could hang out at the beach and keep an eye on any gear. I could dive Wed or Thursday. I have only done 10 dives but I am pretty comfortable in the water. I own all of my own gear as well as tanks. I have already done Monastery so another spot in the area, preferable close to downtown Monterey would be nice. I don't want a boat dive. If anyone is interested please e-mail me at kevjl2@msn.com or post here. Thanks Kevin

Hi Cheryl and Kev, sorry I did not see your posts ealier. Been exchanging Private messages with a couple others who I am hoping to hookup with during Labor Day week.

Cheryl, I might be open to go diving with you Labor Day and day after if you're still around at that time. My only caution is that I will have completed my Dry Suit course either the day before Labor day (Sunday) or on Labor day so I'm new to Dry Suit diving; although I have about 100 - 120 dives under my belt so far. If interested, let me know.

Kev, I'm around all of Labor day week, got some guys lined up for at least latter half of week. As far as I'm concerned the more... the better. Just let me know.

I have emailed Cheryl and am trying to figure out where to dive. I am fine with more the merrier. I will be there Tues - Fri, so Wed or Thursday would be my best days. I don't know the names enough yet so I was trying to look up which site would the best. I am planning on diving Breakwater on the Saturday before and I have done Monastery about a month ago. Other than that, I don't know which one to go to next. If you have an idea, let us/me know, I'm sure we could all meet up and have some fun. Kevin

That sounds good to me, I am game for anything. As for the drysuit orientation I doubt that you will have any problems with that many dives under your belt. The orientations that I have done for experienced divers have been relatively painless. I don't know the area at all so am open to any sites, the last time that I was there I dove at Los Lobos. Those are the only California dives that I have done.

I have a great Guidebook for dives sites along the coast of Central California (sites within 100 miles of SF, North and South of SF). I would advise buying the book and then looking at some sites you're interested in, and then we agree on some sites of interest.

My guess is that there are about 40 - 50 dive sites identified in the book. Provides basic info a Diver is interested in knowing and then some: accessibility, level of difficulty, current , dive site attractions, photos. etc.

I don't have it with me right now at work, but when I get home. I'll send the Title, Author, ISBN.

I don't know for sure how much the book costs cause my wife got it for me, but I think it provides a great selection of sites both South and North of SF. Probably $20 or less.

The Book ISBN: 0-86442-775-1
Publisher : Lonely Planet
Title : Diving & Snorkeling, Monterey Peninsula & Northern California

Includes top dive sites along Monterey, Carmel, Big Sur, Sonoma & Mendocino coasts.

46 Dive Sites are described well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom