Looking for mesh backpack duffel boat bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My old Armor mesh backpack is finally wearing out, and I want to replace it with a duffel-style (rather than top-opening) backpack, preferably mesh. I am usually carrying a DSLR rig, so need a backpack to keep my hands free, and would like a zipper duffel for easier loading and unloading on the boat. Lightweight/foldable for international travel (I don't ask for much, do I?)

Suggestions?

I prefer and use the Stahlsac Bonaire Mesh Backpack . Backpack style with comfortable shoulder pads, built in Dry Bag & has a zipper that runs along the side so you can have easier access (like a duffel style) then going in the top.

I prefer and use the Stahlsac Bonaire Mesh Backpack . Backpack style with comfortable shoulder pads, built in Dry Bag & has a zipper that runs along the side so you can have easier access (like a duffel style) then going in the top.

During my research, I found that a surprising number of these mesh backpacks do offer zippered side access, similar to the Stahlsac Bonaire, however very few of them list this feature in their descriptions.

After looking at a number of different options in person, I decided on the XS Scuba Deluxe Mesh Backpack. Very similar to the Stahlsac, but the dry bag opening is on the back making it accessible even when the bag is full, and the zipper is a bit longer, making access easier. In addition, really love the formed mask bag on front with a key clip. Shoulder straps not quite as padded or contoured as the Stahlsac, but overall it rides better on my sub-5' frame. This bag rocks!

Checkout mountain equipment co-op. a very good mesh duffle.

not sure how old you armor bag is, I have one that is about 5 or 6 years old and it has the side zipper. it has padded shoulder straps with a chest strap as well as a heavy duty handle to carry one handed on your side. Been a good bag and has held up very well. It is in much better shape (almost new looking) compared to other brands that friends have

We have used the armor bag in our instructional program. It is a good bag for the money. However, we have discovered the Stahlsac bag which is far more robust and has a better dry bag compartment. It also has a lifetime warranty. The only downside is that at 84.95 its twice the price as the armor bag.

I use a Stahlsac Bonaire mesh backpack style bag. Its a strong, roomy, lightweight bag but the only complaint I have is that the velcro on the dry bag portion is misaligned and frequently snags towels, wetsuits, etc. I recently contacted Huish Outdoors which apparently owns Stahlsac, Atomic, BARE and Zeagle. They were very prompt with their response and the bag has been sent back to them for evaluation/repair/replacement. I will update with a report on their service when my bag is returned to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom