looking for local PADI wreck specialty instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want to emphasize, if you are looking for instruction on how to properly fin, be neutrally buoyant, etc., this is not the "class" for you. If you want to know more about shipwrecks, it definitely is.
I obviously plan to review gear issues, reel and liftbag use, penetration issues, hazards, all sorts of tips and tricks, as well as good wreck info, such as research sources, nautical architecture, navigation and orientation, shipwreck and artifact identification, etc. I will include lots of hands-on skills, as well as powerpoint presentations and videos.
I guarantee you will get a lot of information out of this, probably more than you bargained for.
I think we can shoot for 6-7 people max for this first evolution. I am thinking of 2-3 weekday evenings (6-10 pm); sorry, this time of year I am busy on the weekends :eyebrow:
Not sure what others think of this, but how does $125/person sound? I will include a copy of Shipwrecks of the Sunshine State as our "text" :D and also throw in a copy of the DVD Ultramarine. Beer, soda, and munchies too.

So, for those serious about doing this, send me a PM and we can try to schedule something. August weekdays aren't bad, but September I will be out of the country for a project.

my bad...been in the weeds.
I am home this weekend so let me put a draft agenda and presentations together and I will (hopefully) get back to you all soon.
my apologies for the delays.

So are you looking to learn about penetration diving? Does PADI teach a wreck penetration class? There are a couple good books on the subject to learn about the concerns/dangers. If you want to do some serious inside wreck stuff, you may want to find a good cave instructor and take that class. He should be able to sign you off on wrecks too since the cave is more advanced. At least this use to be true.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom