Looking for Jupiter Beach trip recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has Narcosis moved back to their old spot at the marina where you can pull up and unload gear really close to the boat?

Has Narcosis moved back to their old spot at the marina where you can pull up and unload gear really close to the boat?

I had dinner at the Tiki two weeks ago and the boat was parked on the south side of the tavern. Its moved off of the distant dock to a slip right on the land. Probably not as convenient as the past location right on the parking lot, but it looked like you could get pretty close with your car, drop off your gear and then park on the other side of the Tiki.

Sportxlh, was it the slip near the end of the dock, second or third from last I think? That's where it was when we dove with them last fall.

It's actually pretty easy to load there. You can pull around to the dock, unload, then unless they have changed to rule, you can park nearby in the gravel area (not on the paved section).

I personally wouldn't be comfortable going out on a 6-pack boat out of Jupiter. That inlet can get downright scary, even when seas are calm. I'm kind of a wuss tho... YMMV.

+1 for Capt Sl8r and the Kyalami. If you're there for "lazy Sunday" the trip includes an intercostal cruise and a cookout.

Like everyone said, you will not have a 60 minute dive in jupiter. If your diving air, you'll probably get about a half an hour. If your diving nitrox you should have no problem getting 50 minutes out of your dive.

+1 for Capt Sl8r Charters and Scuba Works. I went on their boat last Saturday and Sunday and had a blast. "Lazy Sunday" is definitely nice if your looking to kick back and relax after your dives. They grill hotdogs and what not while you cruise through the intercoastal. Check out their website Jupiter, FL Scuba Diving Charter

JDC is a fine operator, I have about 30 dives with them. I'm particularly fond of the Friday morning 3 tank dive. They take a maximum of 15 divers rather than the 22 they take on 2 tankers. The divers tend to be more experienced. The Friday trip is often not full, at least in off peak times. They also have a 3 tank dive on Sunday that I have never done. Jupiter drifts are modestly deep, JDC has a bottom time limit of 45 minutes, making the run time in the low 50s minutes.

Boynton Beach is about 30 miles south of Jupiter. If this is within your range, I would suggest giving Underwater Explorers a try. Kevin's boat is very roomy and he takes just 6 divers. Dives are limited by your gas supply rather by a time limit. I had a great 82 minute dive on Black Condo this past Sunday.

Thanks for all the input, guys. I also got several PM's. I didn't realize all the Jupiter sites were so deep. I spoke with Captain Sl8r yesterday, and liked what he had to say. Hopefully we'll be able to get a room at the hotel nearest his boat!

Anyone have a good place to lookup tide info for blue heron bridge? I'd love to do that one again while in town.

When I was there, there was a spot you could pull around to and load/unload very close to the boat. Since he was late, we weren't sure where the boat slip was exactly and didn't get to take advantage of it while unloading. It sure was nice reloading the car.

The gravel parking was closest to narcosis, but there were tow away signs everywhere. We had to park on the other side of the building.

---------- Post added May 9th, 2013 at 12:02 AM ----------

JDC is a fine operator, I have about 30 dives with them. I'm particularly fond of the Friday morning 3 tank dive. They take a maximum of 15 divers rather than the 22 they take on 2 tankers. The divers tend to be more experienced. The Friday trip is often not full, at least in off peak times. They also have a 3 tank dive on Sunday that I have never done. Jupiter drifts are modestly deep, JDC has a bottom time limit of 45 minutes, making the run time in the low 50s minutes.

Boynton Beach is about 30 miles south of Jupiter. If this is within your range, I would suggest giving Underwater Explorers a try. Kevin's boat is very roomy and he takes just 6 divers. Dives are limited by your gas supply rather by a time limit. I had a great 82 minute dive on Black Condo this past Sunday.

I think I'm going to call on Underwater Explorers the weekend of the 25th if my buddy is willing. They mention night dives on the site but don't list them on the calendar. Do you know if it's a special order type of deal?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom