Looking for info about Mount Storm Va.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

autoboss1

Reaction score
I am planing a trip to mount storm Va. soon an would like some help. I have never been there and am looking forward to it. Anyone have any suggestions for me while I am there.

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

We have a forum on that part of the US, and you can get a lot of info there: http://www.scubaboard.com/f59.html
Hint - read for a while first, before asking...

don

:D

autoboss1:
I am planing a trip to mount storm Va. soon an would like some help. I have never been there and am looking forward to it. Anyone have any suggestions for me while I am there.

Actually, Mount Storm is in WV. My local swimming hole. Follow the link below for some info on the Storm. The info is somewhat dated, like the bearings to the training platforms. It can get crowded on weekends and you can have the whole place to your self during the week.

Bring some hot dogs to feed the catfish, but beware, they are not afraid of divers and can be aggressive. I had a "big un" latched to my thumb once. So tear the hot dogs into small pieces before you get in the water.

There is a statue of Santa Claus at about 90 FFW, if you find him, be sure to rub his nose. I had a little visit with him before Christmas and he appreciated the company and met my wishes.

When are you going, I may be there and can point out the highlights?

http://www.deepwater.org/asa/scuba/mt-storm.html

Mike

OOOppps, forgot to add.

The Scuba shop listed on the web site no longer exists. You need to bring your air, there is no place to get air fills within 70 miles. The lake is heated too, today the temp at the surface was 67F. It is rising 6 to 7 degrees a week right now as all the units are on line at the Power Plant.

Mount Storm got its name for a reason.

I have left the house in T shirt and shorts and was glad the fleece was in the truck when I got there. It can be windy and chilly. Bring some warm clothing.

Bring some toilet paper, there are porta johns, but TP is usually destroyed by Hooligans.

Review info on Altitude diving.

No place to change, lot of people bring tents or canopies. I use the change under towel method.

WV law requires a diver down flag. People have been fined for diving without one. We usually tow one to one of the training platforms, tie it off and go swimming, pick it up at end of dive.

Bring a dive light, it can get dark at depth.

Mike

Hi buddy! Welcome to SB. Looking forward to learning and sharing your expriences for us newbies. Hope to bump into you soon.
Dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom