Looking for Hotel+Dive Shop w/ Unlimited Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To each his own; I still love to walk around in town on Cozumel. Some people will try to cheat you no matter where you go, and that gas station trick is a very old one.

The hawkers don't bother me, and sometimes I have a little fun with them. Once a young guy approached me on the square trying to sell me a "tour of Cozumel". I pointed out to him that I had been visiting Cozumel since before he was born, and did he want me to give him a tour? He thought it was funny, too, and he just waved at me and smiled every time I saw him after that.

When I am on Cozumel, I refuse to be "turned off".

Same here Gordon----no one messes up my nitely little ice cream cone stops I make(either @ BK or Mikey Dees) on the way back to Dora Villa....

Go into to town? What for? I'm in Cozumel to dive and play with my underwater camera rig. San Miguel wasn't all that great twenty years ago - remember when there weren't any walk streets around the plaza?

From the airport to SCC, immediately upon arrival. Three weeks later, from SCC back to the airport. Well, to be honest, once in a while I might venture out the gates to walk up to Chedraui for something.

Your statement , " because you're [ should be your ] lazy a$$ won't go exchange it , " I condone as a personal attack & have reported you to the moderator.

If you excuse, forgive, or hold the statement harmless (condone),
then why report it to the moderator??

The spelling police are not the only ones on the scene :mooner:

Go into to town? What for?

Well, in my case...

To eat at the restaurants; some of my favorite eateries anywhere are in San Miguel.
To visit old friends who work at those restaurants.
To go to the Sunday night dance in the plaza.
To go to the liquor store for ice, beer, and Xtabentun.
To rent a car to go around the island.
To use the ATM.
To have a beer at a sidewalk cafe and laugh at the pod people.

But YMMV and DSFDF.

Well, in my case...

To eat at the restaurants; some of my favorite eateries anywhere are in San Miguel.
To use the ATM.

But YMMV and DSFDF.

Ya kinda like when you where a teenager and had to get out of the house and head to downtown. Just walk aimlessly and look at people, see a friend, have a coke. Not be serious.

Well, in my case...

To use the ATM.

But YMMV and DSFDF.

But Gordon, that's time you could be in the water.

Oh, that's right; you're from Austin. Not much going on there. :D

Xtabentun? I haven't had any of that for years and years! Does it still come in those funny looking, blue bottles?

But Gordon, that's time you could be in the water.

Oh, that's right; you're from Austin. Not much going on there. :D

Xtabentun? I haven't had any of that for years and years! Does it still come in those funny looking, blue bottles?

The Xtabentun I get is in a clear bottle with a couple of Mayan guys on the label; one of them is giving some sort of offering to the other, who is sitting on a throne. The big pyramid at Chichen Itza is in the background. The brand is D'Aristi.

Nothing much going on here in Austin. Right. :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Dear members,
This Thread seems to be heating up.
Fine, but lets not forget we are ALL here to have a GOOD time.
So please refrain from any personal attacks.

Some posts have been removed,this was done to keep the peace.
Don't go blaiming each other it was MY call.:D

Please go on in peace and have FUN.

Last edited:
Gee Mod that's what I was trying to tell him to do, have fun and all the good Capt. was doing was slamming Cozumel as a place that is run by cheats and scam artists. As a matter of fact why dont you remove his posts that suggest that?
It was suggested on my post you removed that this hijack should end.

Anyone can have an opinion on any subject.We do seem to live in a free world.
He doesn't like Coz. well so don't I but for different reasons.\No need to attack someone.

PLEASE keep this a peacefull forum.

Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom