Looking for Hotel+Dive Shop w/ Unlimited Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hover-Stop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey everyone,

My April trip fell through, so now we're planning a late May to Early June trip. Looking for a hotel w/ an on site dive shop as well as beach/shore diving included (if you purchase their diving packages or whatever). Specifically looking as to whether or not Fiesta Americana, Hotel Cozumel, and Casa Del Mar allow unlimited shore diving if you dive with their on-site dive shops.

Reason being, I can't quite afford 2 boat trips/day and would like to be able to get a few more dives in after diving on a boat in the morning. Yes I understand that shore diving in Cozy isn't the greatest, but being underwater is all that matters to me really :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Blue Angel will be ~$300-$350 more per person, but does include 5 days worth of 2 tank diving....hmmm.

First, nothing against Blue Angel. Visited many times but never stayed but will sometime when when my daughter gets older. At Fiesta Americana diving with the on site op, Dive House, you can shore dive for free. I can't say much else about the op because I use Blue Angel however I can still rent tanks from Dive House for $5 ea. I did my first shore dive in Coz last May at FA and it was well worth the money. Granted, you're not going to see a lot of big coral formations but you will see a lot of little cool stuff.

If you check out the rates Coz seems to have some of the best prices around for boat diving. SCC rates were only $60/day for two dives. I just looked at the website and they are running a June Special - 5 nights, 4 days of 2-tank diving, 3 meals a day, 1 night dive for $650, or roughly $125/night and it includes all the shore diving you care to do.

Hey everyone,

My April trip fell through, so now we're planning a late May to Early June trip. Looking for a hotel w/ an on site dive shop as well as beach/shore diving included (if you purchase their diving packages or whatever). Specifically looking as to whether or not Fiesta Americana, Hotel Cozumel, and Casa Del Mar allow unlimited shore diving if you dive with their on-site dive shops.

Reason being, I can't quite afford 2 boat trips/day and would like to be able to get a few more dives in after diving on a boat in the morning. Yes I understand that shore diving in Cozy isn't the greatest, but being underwater is all that matters to me really :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've stayed at Casa Del Mar dove with Del Mar Aquatics and every time we dove with them we have free shore diving.
Mark

We are headed back down on May 21st. We will be staying at Villa Blanca and diving with Scuba Mau. Right next door to each other. Good rates on their packages and free shore diving to boot. Also can do night shore dives very easily. Nice beach bar across the street as well.

Blue Angel has the same opportuntity. But their prices are a little higher. I have several stays with both. If you are looking for budget and convinence. Villa Blanca and Scuba Mau have a great deal.

What she said.
Yup - what they said

But as has been posted many times on this board, Cozumel is not Bonaire when it comes to shore diving.

2 tanks in the AM and a shore dive off Blue Angel is fine for me, but YMMV

We are planning a trip for August, staying at Hotel Cozumel, and have been looking at dive op's in the area. Thus far Scuba Mau has the best package rates and offers free shore diving. Opal said that we could jump in at her shop and head north getting out at HC and that they would come and pick up our gear once or twice during our stay. Not bad customer service. The other three shops in the running are Dive Paradise, Blue Angel and Papa Hogs.

Back
Top Bottom