Looking for Hotel+Dive Shop w/ Unlimited Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check with Aldora & staying @ their villa ie Villa Dora....Might work(I know it does for us).......

I hate to burst any bubbles and maybe need to check prices for comparison, but if shore diving is all you're interested in then why not think---Bonaire? It doesn't get better as far as dive freedom is concerned.

Don't get me wrong. I've been both places many times and Coz has it's own nitch in the scuba world, but Bonaire can be compared to when it comes to shore diving.

Hey everyone,

My April trip fell through, so now we're planning a late May to Early June trip. Looking for a hotel w/ an on site dive shop as well as beach/shore diving included (if you purchase their diving packages or whatever). Specifically looking as to whether or not Fiesta Americana, Hotel Cozumel, and Casa Del Mar allow unlimited shore diving if you dive with their on-site dive shops.

Reason being, I can't quite afford 2 boat trips/day and would like to be able to get a few more dives in after diving on a boat in the morning. Yes I understand that shore diving in Cozy isn't the greatest, but being underwater is all that matters to me really :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I think he was just looking for shore diving after 1 boat trip / day.

WE hope to check out Bonaire for the shore diving one of these days also. But hard to beat Coz's prices.

I think he was just looking for shore diving after 1 boat trip / day.

WE hope to check out Bonaire for the shore diving one of these days also. But hard to beat Coz's prices.

Uh, just got an e-mail on this special $699 + air, 7 nights, 6 days diving, Fantasy Island, Roatan - great shore dives, 3 dives per day, nitrox, meals, domestic beverages, book by April 30. Would take them up on it, but have been there the past two years and are doig something different this year.
Maduro Dive - Welcome To Maduro Dive

Uh, just got an e-mail on this special $699 + air, 7 nights, 6 days diving, Fantasy Island, Roatan - great shore dives, 3 dives per day, nitrox, meals, domestic beverages, book by April 30. Would take them up on it, but have been there the past two years and are doig something different this year.
Maduro Dive - Welcome To Maduro Dive

I think this is pretty much their 'normal' price now, right??.....except for air, Roatan is cheap.....I know, that's why we just sold our house on the beach of 14 years 2 miles east of AKR ---dang air fair!!...lol....

I think this is pretty much their 'normal' price now, right??.....except for air, Roatan is cheap.....I know, that's why we just sold our house on the beach of 14 years 2 miles east of AKR ---dang air fair!!...lol....

Not quite. Nitrox is included if booked by 4/30 according to the e-mail I received and they now offer the alcohol as part of the all inclusive deal (I just gave the link for the contact, you may have to call them about the special). Do not get me wrong, I am not promoting this deal and have no relationship with the Manduro. I was responding to the statement about cheap shore diving - At FI (whoever you book with) it is a good deal and you get good shore diving along with the boat dives. Coz has also been a big fav of mine, but recent trips (one last year) yielded a mix review from me. The diving was great (more marine life it seemed to me and more sharks, though the coral is still recovering from the hurricane). The "town experience" really tanked in my opinion.Seems to get worse each year. It is one of the major cruise ship destinations and the focus is on getting the most $ out of the gringo in the shortest amount of time. I used to really enjoy hitting the local restaurants at night and enjoying walking around town when not night diving. This has changed. One person that went with our group got ripped off at a jewelry store (granted it was not one of the majors and it would not have been one I would recommend). He was buying a bracelet for a lady friend and they switched it for a cheap one when they wrapped it. He didn't catch it until we were already at the airport. Still Coz remains high on my list for the diving.

Hey everyone,

My April trip fell through, so now we're planning a late May to Early June trip. Looking for a hotel w/ an on site dive shop as well as beach/shore diving included (if you purchase their diving packages or whatever). Specifically looking as to whether or not Fiesta Americana, Hotel Cozumel, and Casa Del Mar allow unlimited shore diving if you dive with their on-site dive shops.

Reason being, I can't quite afford 2 boat trips/day and would like to be able to get a few more dives in after diving on a boat in the morning. Yes I understand that shore diving in Cozy isn't the greatest, but being underwater is all that matters to me really :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I think you should also consider SUBA Club Cozumel. They have what you've listed abouve.

I, too , am getting tired of downtown Cozumel. I loved the Sunday nights there & dancing with the senoritas was a pleasure. I am no longer able to dive but still go there when I can. The harassment by vendors, time-share hawks, & a few dishonest sellers have been a big turn off for me. WARNING-- If you rent a car & buy gas at the large station in town, they will cheat you everytime ! WATCH THEM. One trick they do is use a pump on the opposite side of your car, pump the gas for you, then charge much more than was pumped. I have deliberately watched them the last 2 trips there, & have caught them trying to overcharge me on gas! I confronted them & they " apologized " & corrected the bill. If you pay in U.S. dollars, they will give you a very poor exchange rate, too.
I have been to Cozumel many times since the early 1980's & won't be going there so often anymore because of such practices. Cancun was a great place to visit in the early '80's but I never go there, now, except to transfer & go to Isla Mujeres, Valladoid, or Isla Contoy. Going thru Cancun airport is awful, to me.

I, too , am getting tired of downtown Cozumel. I loved the Sunday nights there & dancing with the senoritas was a pleasure. I am no longer able to dive but still go there when I can. The harassment by vendors, time-share hawks, & a few dishonest sellers have been a big turn off for me.

To each his own; I still love to walk around in town on Cozumel. Some people will try to cheat you no matter where you go, and that gas station trick is a very old one.

The hawkers don't bother me, and sometimes I have a little fun with them. Once a young guy approached me on the square trying to sell me a "tour of Cozumel". I pointed out to him that I had been visiting Cozumel since before he was born, and did he want me to give him a tour? He thought it was funny, too, and he just waved at me and smiled every time I saw him after that.

When I am on Cozumel, I refuse to be "turned off".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom