Looking for good cheap gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hostage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I got a pair of henderson 3mm gloves and while they were fine for about 1.5 seasons of diving, the zebra muscles we have can shred them. Anyone have any suggestions for a good glove that isn't all that money as I will be most likely replacing them soon after?

Thanks in advance,

Hostage

I used to use Henderson gloves because I liked their flexibility but I used to go through them because the fingertips would wear out. I switched to the Fourth Element 3mm. It's slightly less flexible than the Henderson but doesn't seem to wear at all.

I use Bare brand gloves. They have a leather like palm and have held up well.

I use to go thru gloves fossil hunting....I now use mechanics gloves from Home Depot....They actually last longer, are cheaper but if your looking for warmth, they're not......

Tried some cheaper gloves with leather palms, lasted 1 season.
Then tried some thermoclines from sports chalet, fingertips wore out after 1 season.
I now have the 3mm tilos and so far after 2 seasons only 1 fingertip is showing wear.

For the past two spring/summer dive seasons, I've used a pair of gloves I bought at Harbor Freight. I think I paid five bucks for them. They have held up extremely well. My 3 mil scubapro that I've had for two years are falling apart, coming apart at the seams. Go figure....

My gloves seem to last about 4 months before they're ready to be replaced. I gotta learn how to fix them.

Regarding the original post, maybe you might want to try to put some cheap but durable gloves over your insulating gloves?

I got a pair of henderson 3mm gloves and while they were fine for about 1.5 seasons of diving, the zebra muscles we have can shred them. Anyone have any suggestions for a good glove that isn't all that money as I will be most likely replacing them soon after?

Thanks in advance,

Hostage

What do you consider cheap? I own / owned Aqualung, Scuba Pro, Oceanic OceanPro and Henderson gloves and all have been good. The best IMO were the Oceanic gloves. Long lasting, flexible, really good quality and under $30. Often times you pay for the name and when you look at the gloves they look almost identical and made in the same factories just with a different name.

I would not recommend any gloves with the elastic velcro strap to tighten around the wrists. I have had two of those now and each time the elastic has gone to junk within 50 dives I have a pair of Bodygloves (EX3s?) that have this, and I have to put them under my wetsuit to keep them tight around my wrist. I'd instead suggest the Scubapro Everflex gloves. I have a 5mm pair and love them. My buddy's also got the 3mm Everflex gloves and he really likes them. After 50 dives they still look brand new, whereas my Bodygloves of the same age show noticeable aging on the elastic and a little fraying here and there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom